Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Morning all.

Helena - I do not think I have ever seen a magnolia tree here - maybe they do not like the climate here.

Lynn - Da Booga gets the fidgets and that is bad enough so I would hate to have to cope with a fidgety Dillon!

Jenny - I do hope you and Rucksack are both feeling better today, although it sounds as if you had a disturbed night with both of them. I did post yesterday that I was so pleased to see you back but maybe you did not see it.

Lorraine - please take it easy - as I said yesterday you sound like the Duracell Bunny and even Duracell batteries run out eventually.

Emma - I am glad you are feeling a bit better and have eaten. Pity about no running for a couple of days but I doubt that will put back your excellent progress.

June - everything crossed that the doctor sees sense and packs you off for Xrays or whatever.

Moyra - I always ask Ram to check Da Booga's anal glands and she just lies there and ignores what he is doing. Mind you, being raw fed they are always empty - well once and once only there was a tiny bit in one side. She does scoot sometimes but I think she does it because she likes it! Little One was a right little madam though and used to scream when she had hers checked but she was a right little madam and only did it for the sake of it!

Lord Gord, Sir - I hope the vampire is over and done with pdq so you can enjoy a belated brekkie! I am with you on the no/very low salt thing as my BP has gone through the roof again, although the last time I saw my doctor [once a decade is too frequent for me] she doubled my BP and heart meds and I ended up with unpleasant side effects so un-doubled them. I think I am allergic to doctors!

Linda - I hope Loki is still OK and that little Michael is not suffering too much now from that horrid tooth abscess.

No idea who I have missed, but apologies for having done so.

Enjoy Wednesday everyone - there will not be another one until next week!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Lol Helena that is what I have done!
Hope I don't have an accident, it won't look good if I get taken to casualty with safety pins keeping my drawers up
I take it you are not offering to replace the zip then?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
...[snip]...
Can anyone fit a new zip to my trousers please? No I haven't put on too much weight, they are just my oldest but most favourite pair of trousers and the zip won't stay zipped! hey ho
Send them [and a new zip] over and I will!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Morning

I wish I had a garden big enough for a big tree!

Jenny - you poor thing. You get some rest today, you will need it!

Loki's doing well thanks. It amazes me how quickly he bounces back after so many fits. At the time I always worry he won't and I guess there may come a day when he doesn't, but after all these years, he's a tough cookie.

Michael says his gum is still a bit sore but the pus (sorry!) seems to have gone. It's the last ABs tomorrow so we'll have to see what happens. I haven't heard from the dentist.

I am going to pick up that dress today, soon actually, before I get too settled at the computer and don't move. I need a bit of shopping too.

We cycled this morning - poor Carys, I didn't realise she had PE first thing, straight away after cycling 3 miles. She and her friends all came out waving at me while I was outside the school gassing with another mum. She has after school multi-sports too and Beavers after that, so it's just as well she's having a nice school roast today, she'll need the energy.

Have a good day everyone.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Wee quick Hi from me
Did have a read through, comforting to know you're still all wired to the moon and no one has found sanity during the night
On a treble mission today!! not a second to lose
(( hugs)) to all poorlies,half slept peeps,medical appointment attendees and the looney tune with the air con system on her trousers!!
Good luck with the dress LS
See ya all later on
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Sounds like Zena is doing well then Helena.

Haven't managed to get out yet, got an emergency phone call from Davie, he left his PE kit at home so had to go up to the school with it. Also got a chicken so I can make Brian some soup, something nice and light for him.

All that was enough to make me feel shattered so I think a sleep before a walk with Dougal. I hate the start of the downer cause I always just want to sleep. Hopefully once I have slept I can get on with the rest of the stuff I want to do today.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Ooooh! Helena - really impressed by your rolling out the old latin names of Japanese maples. Obviously when you do your horticultural lecture tour of the UK I will get a mini-bus full from our little society and we will come and hang on your every word lol! Hope the attentions of bad doggy and worse owner didn't detract too much from the enjoyment of your walk. Don't know about you but I think I must have some sort of homing beacon on my head that attracts fool, I can be miles away from civilization with my lot and some blessed eejit will just appear from out of nowhere with the Hound of the Baskervilles in tow and cause absolute havoc. There again it's seldom the dog more often the fool with it! Doc's was easy peasy in and out in less than 10 mins results will be back in 5days. So it was back home and plateful of lovely fresh eggs (sunnyside up) pile of wholemeal toast and pot of steaming English Breakfast. So now I am fully restored to the rudest of health and about to give the Mem the slip and get myself of into the wide blue yonder with the dingoes. Pleased to finish by saying that early greyness has dissipated and seems we are in for a nice day (fingers crossed). Bye fer now!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Dearest Malka - I too have an allergy to the dreaded docs but this morning it being only a blood test and nothing of great import I was attended to by the lovely Saffron our practice nurse, who is sweet and kind and not inconsiderably bonny (I think I have a bit of a schoolboy crush on her!) So this I don't mind in the least. I would need some real medical attention if the Memsahib got her hands on this post Tee Hee!!!! Bye fer now!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I was out with the dogs for nearly an hour but a good 10 minutes was spent chatting to a neighbour who declared I looked pale . Not surprising really as I realised I hadn't put any make up on. I always wear a little make up and having just looked in a mirror I've noticed that I have a very 'childlike red-nose' from blowing it so much Saying I looked pale was probably her way of asking why I had such a red nose Sorted now and I look much better

I definitely feel so much better than I did and I'm sure once I've caught up with a little sleep I'll feel raring to go again OH is still in bed having caught my bug yesterday, but his is a lot worse than mine ..... of course

Helena You had a long walk along the beach and I'm glad it was enjoyable once that dog was finally under control. Even here on the estate I frequently end up having to take evasive action to avoid a couple of resident's out of control dogs Well done with Zena's weight loss .... I wish it came off that quickly with me
Nippy if those trousers are your favourite ones, pay and get your local 'menders' to put a new zip in if you feel you can't. A lot of dry cleaning shops have a side-line of alterations/mending etc. I threw my favourite light weight jumper away about a month ago and really, really regret it. I bought it from BHS about 20 years ago and still browse around the charity shops to see if I can find another one .... no luck yet, but I live in hope.
LS That is amazing how Loki just bounces back ... long may he continue to do so. I hope the dress is as lovely as you hope it is .... John Lewis items are usually really good quality. I think it is fantastic that you cycle to school with your kids sometimes ... a great start for the school day and keeping them fit

Did anyone see that tornado that just shot through .... I believe it was Lacey on one of her missions ..... ooops I think she said a treble mission. It must be very very important as she didn't have a second to spare
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Morning everyone

Thanks everyone for the best wishes for Amber. She has had a couple of chicken drumsticks for breakfast. I must find a butchers locally where I can get her some meat bones.

Sorry some of you have had restless nights with your doggies.

Malka, do you like needlework then as you have offered to do nippy Jens new zip in her favourite trousers. I hope you and Pereg are ok.

Lore do get those papers out of the way while you have the time off work so that you can relax a bit more.

Helena a chap came up to me yesterday and asked if I would let Amber off her lead so that she could play with his Jack Russell. For some reason Amber wasn't all that interested. I wonder if these people that let their dogs off consider whether you want their dogs interfering with your Zena's walk.

Jenny, you must try and get some nanny napping done this afternoon as you certainly had a bad night.

Have a good day everyone. God bless.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »