Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 06:56 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

A cold one it is too, but I'm sure it will improve with another sunny day darn sarf.

Off to the beach again, but I have to go an hour earlier today cos when I left yesterday the tide was already up to the stones, nearly got cut off, it comes in very fast here.

No painting today, going to take myself off to Asda for a browse cos on a Wednesday they sometimes have the clothing sale outside, and I do like a good bargain. I'll let you know June if they do.

Just looked out the front and noticed my neighbour's beautiful magnolia tree has suddenly come out in bloom, that's always a good sign, although the week-end forecast probably means it'll all be gone by next week. I might buy one of those for my garden.

Lynn, I see you had a fidgety Dillon on your hands last night, I hope he settled down for you when you eventually went to bed.

Jenny, hope you're feeling much better again today, and I hope Rucksack wants his breakfast.

June, good luck at the doc's, I hope you get sent to the hospital.

Gordon, good luck with the blood tests, hope everything is normal and you can enjoy your cuppa when you get back.

Moyra, good luck at the vets with Amber. Zena screamed cos she obviously had a big problem in her rear end due to the giardia she'd been suffering with, I'm sure it won't be like that for Amber. I only wanted to let you know that it can be a one off thing sometimes. Some dogs have this done every month I think, especially some of the little ones.

Jen, hope you might get to the beach today with Brian and Pepsi on Red Adaire.

Linda hoping Loki is back to normal again now after his bad episode.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Morning Helena enjoy the beach doesn't bear thinking about getting cut off. Take care.
I hope you find a bargain must say the Asda does have clothing but not on the scale of the Harlow Asda and as of yet I have not found any bargains in there but have in Tesco.
I hope you are feeling better today.

June fingers crossed the Dr. fast tracks you.
Gordon hoping you are first in the queue for the blood test so you can get home for your breakfast.
Hoping everyone else is well and all doglets.

Dillon eventually decided to settle at just gone 11pm. At 5am a couple of cats had squabble so that set him off but I refused to get up and he settled back down. Needless to say I have one of those muzzy heads now so will possibly be nanny napping later .
Weather a bit grey and chilly here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Moyra good luck with Amber today I am sure she will be fine.
I noticed you said she doesn't eat raw carrot have you tried grating onto then mixing it into her food.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Good morning Helena and everyone - just come in from walkies grey and breezy up here but not too cold. Hope all are well. Wasn't going to post this early but saw Helena's post and felt I had to chip in about Magnolias - Yes I know they are a beautiful tree but they can be the very devil to get to bloom I know of one instance where a transplanted Mag took 60 years to bloom!!!!! You can buy the same variety as your neighbour and put it in the same soil in the same position and unless the rascal feels kindly disposed to you - no flowers! this all sounds a bit daft but is true! I have for the last 7years been the Secretary of the local Horticultural Society and there is endless maoning by some members about these trees at this time of year (obviously darn sarf you are about 2 to 3 weeks ahead of us in blooming time) sure on the grounds that forewarned is forearmed there's my two pennorth to be going on with. Hope its some help, it may even save you from a. Expense and b. Exasperation. Bye fer now!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Dull and chilly here too at the moment but apparently the SE should get sun and temperatures up around 70 this afternoon

I had a diabolical night having settled in my own bed but then woken by both dogs going crazy in the kitchen just before 1.30. Took them outside and they charged around the boundary fence for what seemed like ages ... assume a fox must have woken them I then re-settled in the kitchen with them and Rucksack (who is a very odd dog anyway) just stood staring at the wall and refused to go to bed. At 2.30 he cried to go out, (I left Flash inside) ...... I'm very glad I did let him out!! He didn't re-settle again until around 4 but seems a lot better now. I was then up to take my son to the station at 6.45 as he's working away for the day.

I'm feeling a little shell-shocked so will definitely be having another quiet day and hopefully will grab a little sleep at sometime too.

Helena enjoy your beach walk and stroll around Asda My M-i-L's Magnolia tree came out in flower nearly a week ago .... they are stunning aren't they but such a shame that they flower for such a short period of time.
June good luck today and everything crossed the doctor gives you a form to go along and have an x-ray asap.
Moyra Amber will be fine ..... panic not
Gordon Good luck at the doctors and they'll be in for a shock when your blood comes out blue
Lynn You'll probably have posted by the time I submit this 'cos I keep getting waylaid typing it. .... I hope Dillon settled OK in the end after his restless evening.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Morning Jenny sounds like there was something in the air and your experience was worse than mine.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Morning all

Sounds like everyone had a restless night! I haven't a clue about plants so don't know about Magnolias, I know that I need to get rid of the tree I have in my front garden cause it's grown bigger than I anticipated.

I'm planning a walk down the beach myself, but we don't have the cut off issue at ours cause of the way it is. It will, however, be extremely windy cause it sounds like it's blowing a gale out there at the moment. Going to try to get through the TMA as well, cause it is due today, and I feel like if I get it done a lot of pressure will be off for the moment.

Also planning relaxing later cause I don't really have to go anywhere except to go see Mum. I am glad that the doc has said take the week out cause I can get some peace.

Poor Brian is still very ill, he had some flu tablets and has some lemon and ginger tea, hopefully it helps a bit this morning.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Lore I hope you get the TMA done and it does actually take some pressure off you. Enjoy your visit to your Mum and a good windy walk out on the beach may be a good start to the day to blow a few cobwebs away
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Hiya all
Helena I'm not going to the beach today, a bit like you the tide is all wrong. So Brian has gone down the lanes. A lovely walk but not for Red Adair Take care, beware the tides! Hope you get some bargains
Morning Lynn hope you get that Nanny nap later.
Morning Gordon, my tuppence worth is the whole of Torbay is a wash with Magnolia trees Maybe they prefer it darn sarf! Hope you blood test went well.
Morning Jenny poor you, spending half the night in the garden! We get nights like that with Peps. Seems like everyone will be napping this afternoon
Morning Lore I hope you get to the beach and I hope that Brian feels better later.

Can anyone fit a new zip to my trousers please? No I haven't put on too much weight, they are just my oldest but most favourite pair of trousers and the zip won't stay zipped! hey ho
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Morning Lynn, muzzy heads aren't good, nor is being disturbed at 5 am by a norty big bear, hope he lets you have a relaxing day. Yes thanks Lynn, I'm feeling better today.

Morning Gordon, thanks for the heads up there about these beautiful trees, I'm actually an acer girl at heart, I had some beautiful examples of the Palmatums, such as the Sango Kaku and Katsura (see, I can name drop too lol!). When I brought them to this new house, I depotted one of them, put loads of ericaceous soil in the hole (but it's clay) and it didn't fair well for the first year, looked almost dead. This spring, it has decided to turn one of it's branches and the stem bright red with new leaves, but the rest looks pretty dead. I think drastic action is called for, I'm going to chop the dead branches out and I know you shouldn't really touch these acers, but it might give it half a chance. I will take a pic of the neighbour's magnolia later because it really is quite stunning. Bet you're looking forward to a nice cuppa aren't you!

Morning Jenny, what a terrible night you've had, when you're not feeling too well either. I wonder what on earth was going on up there? You must feel absolutely pants today after a night like that, so you have my permission to take it easy today and do nothing

Morning Lorraine, hope you're feeling better today. If you feel up to it, it's best that you get that TMA out of the way. The forecast for you is none too good up there, be careful you don't get blown away down on that beach.

Just got back from the beach, and Zena does actually look THIN now when wet, which is good news, I shall take her down to the vets and pop her on the scales and see the result of my hard work on the diet front.

Just as we got down on the sand, I noticed this big, black dog in the distance. Got nearer and noticed it was heading our way at a rate of knotts I put Zena on the lead and started walking back up the beach just to let the muppet owner know that I wasn't interested in her dog invading my dog's space. It turned around and went back to her, but she just kept using her chuckitt. As I got nearer, again it charged for us and I noticed it was a lab/rottie cross (too risky!), so I then actually had to RUN up the bluddy beach as this woman's pathetic efforts at recall had no effect on her dog. It eventually turned around by the time I had almost got to the top of the stones (which I didn't need! ), so I yelled out to her, *haven't you got enough room here then, all this expanse of beach and yet you want to invade OURS put your dog onlead* Yes, I got stressed, but then why do I have to run up the beach because she can't control her blinkin dog I nearly gave meself a heart attack running up those stones like that

Anyway, we then had a lovely walk, all the way along to the big rocks where I can't go any further without going up to the top cycle path. I did climb the steps at the end, and when I got up there, past all the black granite rocks, I couldn't believe the devastation that the storms had caused I stopped a workman who was pushing his bike along the cycle path (he had to push it cos it was now a beach) and we chatted about the carnage it had left up there. Nice man and Zena went over to say hello to him with her tail wagging, which was nice, cos she doesn't usually do that, she's usually only interested in me and that ball.

Hosed her down a bit and dried her off and given her a fish stick. She won't want breakfast cos lately she hasn't been interested, but then that's a good thing.

Better get changed for my little trip out to Asda then, and I'll catch you all later.

ETA: Morning Jen, you snuck in there whilst I was typing. Re that zip, zip it up and then put a safety pin behind the closed end and it'll stop it opening back up again. That's my tip of the day folks!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »