Female 

18-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Ignoring those cheeky members,just to say;
JENNY,get yourself some Berrocca,that'll sort the tiredness
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Lynne I just brought myself a bread maker - it couldn't be any easier that's for sure, I am IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!

I did a thread in home, gardens cooking or somewhere like that, on here somewhere
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Hi guys

Helena, sounds like you had a nice day with Zena.

I've spent this afternoon sleeping. I went off about 12 and just woke up about half an hour ago. I still feel shattered though.

I am going to go have a look at what we can have for dinner, although I suspect it will be the remains of last nights bolognaise.

I am supposed to be going to the sports night tonight with the ATC/ACF. I am just working up to going.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Lynne I just brought myself a bread maker - it couldn't be any easier that's for sure, I am IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!

I did a thread in home, gardens cooking or somewhere like that, on here somewhere
Yes DD I saw your thread on Bread Makers. My friend has called to deliver hers for me to try. It's HUGE I don't think I will be buying one I've no room to put it. While she was here she mentioned a dog she knows of who is looking for a new home. another BC. Apparently he's 2 yrs old & his owners are moving to Kent & instead of him working from home he's having to go out to work. I don't know all the ins & outs yet but he'd asked Joan if she knew of anyone who wanted one. He's devastated at the thought of giving him up. So. After me finding Ruby at the weekend & saying we were thinking of keeping her if she wasn't claimed she thought of me. (Wasn't that kind of her ) I'm in two minds about what to do. Heart says yes Head says not sure. I keep coming up with reasons why it wouldn't work. Be more tying, I can take Taff on the bus if we go for a long walk but couldn't really take two. Etc. Decisions decisions Joan is going to get his phone number for me so I can contact him first & meet the dog if I'm interested.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Oh LYNNE...if you go to meet him,your decision is made,you know that right?You won't be able to resist no matter what you're head is saying...ya big softie What does OH say?
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Oh LYNNE...if you go to meet him,your decision is made,you know that right?You won't be able to resist no matter what you're head is saying...ya big softie What does OH say?
He's no help - he's leaving it up to me seeing as it's me that does nearly everything now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Afternoon all

Oh boy, just had a chat over the garden fence with my lovely neighbour, and how we laughed!!! Apparently, her daughter suffers with really bad depression like Dave does, but we did both have a good old laugh about their similarities in what they say and do. Somebody's gotta laugh and it's not as if it was in front of them was it It lifted OUR spirits anyway, big time, and that is what is needed when you have to deal with people like this, we need an outlet, and although I have my Dogsey friends who are helping me through, it's nice to have a good old laugh in real life too, and I'm certainly not gonna feel guilty about it and nor is she.

Zena got her ball chucked here and there for half an hour too, so everyone is happy now, especially me, I've learned a lot with that conversation I had there.

Eileen, oh I envy you with that nice hot, bubbly bath there, mine's still covered in plastic waiting for the correct push up waste Hopefully, he might actually think to get the bit he wants this week, and we can then have a grand unveiling of said bathroom which is actually finished now.

DD, thank goodness for that domestic goddess moment you had at the week-end that you now have chocolate cake, I wish I could do that, I have to buy mine, I'm useless at cakes they all flop on me. I painted the ceiling quickly cos I bought this fantastic pad thing, it was just like cleaning it instead of actually painting it. I had to paint the cornices, but the rest was a doddle. If I'd left it for Dave, I would have been walking around a ladder all week-end, whereas I'm Mrs do it, and it got done in 3 hours!

Moyra, if a dog has sloppy poop for a while, then they will always get anal gland problems because it's the hard poop that cleans them out. I once had it with Zena when she had that giardia problem and lots of dirreah and she screamed the surgery down when the vet emptied them poor girl Never had the problem ever again, so it can be a one off thing. I'd get the vet to trim those nails if I were you, it's so much quicker and easier. I'm trying lots of hard surface walking but it never seems to make a difference with Zena's they grow quicker than my nails.

Lynne, think long and hard about that adoption, cos like you say, you have a lifestyle with Taff, he's happy to get on the bus and go anywhere with you, whereas having two will always make that bit of difference to just about everything you do. I've always had 2, but I have to say, it's so much easier with just one, and much as I'd love another one, I do think it would snooker me at certain times. Good luck if you do take him on, but you're wise to think about it.

Hi again Jenny, lovely to chat to you this morning, I do like a good old laugh with you, even though it was supposed to be a serious conversation to start with, we did manage to turn it around to our benefit and have a good laugh as per usual. It picked me up no end, so thankyou for that.

I've booked my hair for Thursday morning, and she's going to tidy up the back. Now this might not be a wise decision on my part, cos she hasn't yet finished her college degree, but she knows me so well now, she's used to my little quirks about my hair, and she's promised me she can do it properly. She did throw in that if she got into trouble the other guy would be there to help her out though Awww gaaawd, maybe I ought to go somewhere else before Thursday

June, yes, it's all reared its ugly head again here with Dave, but I'm going to sort it once and for all this week-end, cos I've reached the end of my tether now with it. Hope that doctor's visit goes well tomorrow and that he gets you that x-ray, you need to lay it on big time, and insist on an x-ray, don't let him fob you off with some pills will ya!

Can't remember anymore, sorry, and I'm off for a cuppa now. Catch you later, but I'll make sure it's before the DAD session starts cos it was quite confusing reading it this morning. However, nothing yet has surpassed our Linda swinging from the vines, nor my Christmas day 2012 garble Some things are never to be forgotton, hey Linda?!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 06:16 PM
HELENA,I'm sure your neighbour enjoyed having someone to have a bit of a laugh with too So lovely that you two could have a good chat
LYNNE,all major decisions require a page and a pen Apparently if you can think of 3 GOOD reasons why you shouldn't be with someone,then you shouldn't Not sure 3 is enough when applied to a dog but if your FOR list is longer than your AGAINST one,then you'll have an answer and vice versa of course how sweet of OH
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Lynne what a dilemma.
Helena glad you managed a chat with someone who understands what you are going through and that you managed to have a laugh with her and our Jenny.

It has got very windy here.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Moyra - Raw chicken pieces (bone in) are easily digested by dogs and v.beneficial in the anal gland department also I throw a few eggs in the liquidiser (shells and all) then pour it over their main meals as a glaze - this helps too as there is a lot of calcium etc in the whole product! I feed this every other day on a basis of 1egg per dog as you can overdo it! I've kept the running dogs for over 50 years now and never had a single case of blocked AG's, and now having only 3 dogs it is the smallest number I've had on strength. also I do like to have a high bone content in their diet. I do wonder sometimes who it is that benefits from the scaremongering put out by various arms of the media in this case ref: Raw Chicken. To try to put this in context I have a couple of aquaintances who do a lot of deer-stalking they are employed to cull sick, old or lame animals from herds. Now although they are good professional shots they are not good at dressing carcases whereas I am and I do this for them in return for the odd joint of venison and all the bones my bunch can eat, when you consider that these bones have been "hung" for 2 weeks before dressing and then are dumped by me in a big pile in the orchard and the dogs then eat what they want at their leisure and never once have I had a dog with the runs or anything else for that matter! The only drawback is that the view across the orchard occasionally looks like a scene from the Serengetti! I put this story forward only so that you won't deprive your poor hound of obviously much loved drumsticks. Hope it's some help. Bye fer now.
Page 7 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »