Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Afternoon Lynne, and Moyra.
Best to get the vet trim Ambers nails if she is reluctant I would never be able to do Dillon's he just about lets me trim the fur between his pads. I find a walk on pavements regularly helps with nails. Can't help with the anal gland problem never had that problem with Max and Ollie and Dillon have always had raw chicken wings or pork ribs and recreational bones which keeps the poops firm so helps with the anal gland problem.
Afternoon Helena I expect you are nanny napping now and you have deserved it.
Afternoon Debbie glad things work wise are settling down
now. Wait till that hose is working Aggie will gleam then and I expect Dillon and I will be soaked.

Eileen no Dillon's not ill some days he prefers to play in the garden and run around and chase me about which I don't mind so much now as he is learning to stop when he gets to me instead of ploughing into me and he isn't grabbing clothes now either. Hope I haven't put the mockers on that one. He has now come indoors and is laying on the floor sleeping.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Steve has just told me I am to stop feeding her chicken drumsticks unless I cook them thoroughly and remove the bones as there was a program on tv this morning saying how diseased filled chicken meat is and unless it is cooked thoroughly it could kill with this particular disease. Did anyone see the programme on BBC1?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 02:08 PM
hmmm well I wouldn't worry about the drumsticks, they are a- beneficial for the anal gland issue and b - dogs don't get a lot of diseases that we do! They eat poop if they can!! and can digest it!

Anyway I feed Tilly Taste of the Wild, salmon and potato or lamb or buffalo, the girls do really well on it. It is just a case of finding what works for you I guess.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 02:08 PM
No, but dogs digestive tracts are designed to deal with bacteria and things that could kill us a dogs enzymes in their stomachs will kill off all things nasty too. I once had a vet give me a lecture about this over Ollie made me feel 2 inches tall so I wrote a letter of complaint and we always saw another vet from then on until we left the practice.

If they were in the wild they would cope when you think of the nasty things some dogs will eat and old stinky things some bury and yet they survive we wouldn't but our stomach acid is not the strength of a dogs.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 02:09 PM
^^^^^^^ What Lynn just said
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 02:11 PM
MOYRA,regarding the veggies,would she not gnaw on a raw carrot if you give her one?Mine loves that Takes it into her bed and will happily chew away
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
^^^^^^^ What Lynn just said
Her's very smart!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Carrots are good for firming up poop or tinned pumpkin it can firm it up or aid in dire rear not sure how it knows which is which. You would need the tinned if you can find it with no sugar or salt in it. Must say I have never been able to find it. Butternut squash might do the same thing it is ok for dogs to eat it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 02:41 PM
More scaremongering!!! If I can feed 4 week old puppies drumsticks and wings without them turning up their toes I'm sure an older dog is fine with them.
Mine have chicken fillet as well by the way, as well as other raw meats.
I've been looking at Taste Of The Wild DD, because I am looking at things to give my girls should they ever have to go in kennels, and that is another one without grains etc.
Mine drink out of the river, puddles etc ( I know you have to be careful re antifreeze) and when you think Cariad and Lona are in their 9th year, and never see a vet really, except routine stuff or if they are preggers, Mabs is the same, Keshi following in their footsteps. the first time old Tawney had anything to do with vets was when she had a couple of benigh tumours, 2 years later she had a series of strokes, apart from that no vets visits either.
Just come back from the bone run, weather is vile really.
Heavy rain, strong winds coming back, I went over the high level bridge on the way there, but on the way back I came off and went the rest of the way on the roads because the wind has really got up.
Feel like going back to bed and pulling the covers over myself
Lovely to see you back Jenny, so glad your toothache has been vanquished and your cold is on the way out, you were more than likely running on empty after the stressful time you've had over the last few weeks and needed to rest and step off the hamster wheel for a while.
Helena, hope the Dave problem gets resolved, whatever it is, is he on a massive downer
Lynn, take care of that hand when washing Aggie, purleese wait for the hosepipe in future
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Afternoon June windy here too got most of the washing dry now it has decided to rain on and off.
It doesn't mind the wet now as long as I moisturise after just have to be careful I don't bang it now.
Thanks for caring. Hows the rib today ? Are you apprehensive about your appointment tomorrow ?
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »