View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Lovely to see you back Jenny Don't over do things though or you'll end up back to square one.
Sorry you're feeling rough LorraineI remember how my daughter was working as a TA, doing her teaching degree & seeing to the house & kids. I don't know how she did it. Her OH was very supportive as well - did most of the cooking & cleaning for her etc. & it was still hard work. You've got the Cadets on top of that plus Davie's problems.. You really need to slowdown before you breakdown. ((( hugs)))

That bacon sarnie sounds better than my cottage cheese on ryvita Lynne

Miserable weather up here. I got soaked coming back from Morrisons down the road
I've had a go at making bread this morning. It's just doing it's second rising now but it will have to wait till walkies is over before it goes in the oven. Hope it turns out ok it's donkey's years since I made any.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Afternoon all

I've wored meself out this morning here Went down to the beach, not a soul on there, apart from a little young terrier who was with the fishermen who wanted to come and join us but no worries, cos he was a very friendly little chap and I'm sure he would have enjoyed his walk with us. Zena plonked herself down in the first, deep rock pool that she round, after lots of ball chucking (she's got to lose weight!) I always make sure that it bounces, so she catches it in the air and doesn't skid to a halt cos of her shoulder.

Came home and decided I'd paint the hallway ceiling, cos it's a job that we never did when we painted the hallway. It's bigger than I thought, but then this is a bungalow, but I still managed to get it all done and take Zena out for a 2nd walk in the woods, but just a short one so she could sniff to see who's been about this morning.

Just had some lunch, lamb chops, roast potatoes and veggies, that was cooking whilst I was painting and walking. I think I've been bluddy superwoman this morning Need a lie down now, a long one.

Jenny, glad to hear Rucksack has now eaten a bit of kibble, but it's always a worry when they refuse breakfast, but Zena has been like that this week, maybe it's the spring in the air? Good job you didn't ring me this morning cos I was up the ladder and I might have done a *Dave* when the phone rang.

Eileen, oh what's a girl to do when she can't get on with all those jobs cos of the weather Always rubbish weather up your way when we're basking in glorious sunshine Enjoy a doing nothing day Eileen, they don't come very often do they.

Jen, hope Brian takes you down the beach with Pepsi today. I have a beach which never has a ban on it, and I can park right on the beach next to the huts. I don't know how I found this little gem but I did. I expect all your beaches have got a ban on them being such a tourist spot though.

Lorraine ((((hugs)))) sorry you're feeling so down, hope it soon goes away.

Lynn, glad you got the car cleaned at last with a little bit of help from Dillon, I can just imagine the fun you two had!

Gordon, hope you get all those tasks completed today, and yes, I noticed how eloquent your post was, but then they always are! Some of the words I've never heard of before, but then I'm thick lol!

Hi Moyra, Lynn, Linda, and anyone else I've forgotten, Debbie, June and Norma for when you pop in later, hope all is well with you.

Off for a well earned nanny nap soon, enjoy your afternoon everyone. Hope you've got this lovely sunshine, my washing is drying a treat blowing about in the breeze.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:25 PM
HELENA.."a doing nothing day"? I wish,actually no I don't,really can't do nothing House cleaned inside from top to bottom,surely tomorrow will be better and I'll do outside.
Youngest is still off school,they're not back till tomorrow,nice to have some company today The week will fly in,since hubby only left this morning.
We have a wedding in May,so booked hairdressers for Leah and myself,8.30am wedding is two hours away,so it'll be an early start..looking forward to it...2 night mini break!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Good luck with the bread LYNNE and LYNN,well done with the Aggie washing,bet she looks lovely Dillion doesn't want to go for a walk?Is he poorlie?
JENNY..steady on there That's a lot going on for someone who should be having a few days in a spa!! so ripping I can't get out the power washer but I have spinning tonight so it's probably best...know the way the ole bod aches a bit after using it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Oh Eileen you are going to miss him. Anyone any experience of emptying anal glands and also getting a dog to allow you to trim their nails. Steve accidently cut Amber's nails too short and since then she is reluctant to let me do it. I have tried got through one paw and then she got fed up and bucked away. I am taking her to the vets tomorrow to have her anal glands emptied but I understand that if a dog suffers from block anal glands then it is likely to always suffer from them is this right?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:38 PM
MOYRA,with Lacey that wasn't the case Had to have her anal glands done when she was younger,but hasn't needed to for a long time now...thank goodness Why not have the vet trim Ambers nails,while she's in?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:42 PM
MOrning all.................. YAY pleased to see the Daily back up to full compliment.. I did a read through last night but went backwards and it was most confuzzing!!

Helena - I am exhausted after reading about your morning, how can you paint a ceiling so quickly - is the bathroom finished?

Moyra Tilly has had issues with her anal glands in the past, so 2 yrs ago switched her to grain free and we haven't had an issue since!!! you just need to get nice firm poops!

Jenny YAY you are back!!! *happy dancing*

Lynn Lucky Aggie getting a clean, my car could do with a swish swooh too if you fancy popping over!! anytime suits me!

**hugs** to all poorlies, and HI *waves* to everyone else. can't remember what else has been going on!

Off to work (Thank God I don't have a commute, I would hate it) in a bit.. had such a busy busy busy few weeks, but the project I have been working on is now almost complete and so I can get back to a bit of normality at my desk and some "dogsey after dark" time! I do like a challenge though and the last week was a bit more than just a challenge!!!

Apart from that will be walking the doglets, and then got to pop to the shops for some supplies.. I do have chocolate cake though, I made that at the weekend, during my Domestic Goddess moment, cake, pie and bread!!

Happy Tuesday folks xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Eileen yes I will ask them. I wish and maybe they will show me how to empty the glands then I could do it in future. Also is it a matter of diet. I have been giving Amber some kibble her dentastix and also two
frozen chicken drumsticks a day too as well as today she has had the remains of the pork joint we had yesterday cubed. She loves sausages whether dried or just cooked. She has a dried sausage every morning from Steve as part of her training. If we have sausages in sandwiches for breakfast she will have a couple of chipolatas left over. I find it hard to get her to eat vegetables unless they are peas. She has brown rice. I am afraid I have spoilt her diet wise.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I would have thought the chicken drumsticks would sort her anal glands out! hmmmm and ewwwwwwwwwwwww I seriously could not empty them myself, it is the most grossest thing ever LOL

Mind you, if I had to then I could!

Good Luck Amber, Tilly sympathises xxxxxx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 01:58 PM
DD what do you feed Tilly on then? I would love to get her on to a regimental type diet that she knows what is right and what the limits are......if I do not watch her she will come back to me for dentastix as much as she can get away with!!
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »