Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Wow looks an amazing place good luck and hope the move goes well. You will keep us updated though won't you ?
Of course Lynn! But you know ladies I have had a tiny flash of mental clarity.

I CANNOT TAKE THE DAYBED! Hell I don't think I can even take my Carling Beer Fridge and EVERYONE loves that.

I do not want to turn what is a minimalistic (dream for me) place into a mix of things to bump into!

There are in addition to the six seater cushioned cube outdoor seating and table two full length curved rattan sun loungers with mattresses. Stored in the living room right now.

Geez I've only got one posterior and the smallest dog in the world! One KS sleigh bed, two singles, two leather sofas, six outdoor armchairs and two full length loungers and free loungers round the pool anyway.

But oh the memories of when I got that daybed will be with me forever. It became legend within days with Bella superglued to it!

*I've slept on it more than I've slept in my new bed too!

I've got a light beech gliding rocker chair here too that everyone fights to sit in on the verandah and another curved comfy wicker armchair. Oh HELP - it will have to be the Auction Rooms and just come and get the lot. I can't even see where my short filing cabinet will go. I will measure up one big wardrobe and see if I can get tumbler, beer fridge, file cabinet and other stuff I'd like to keep in there.

The place is fab honestly and everything in it is brand spanking new. I've never lived anywhere were EVERYTHING was new and unused. Rugs, blinds, furniture and kitchen goods. Never. My Cuban Carved Naked Lady will come with me.

You know what the first thing I uncovered and looked at in there was?
The dining chairs! Because however much furniture I have I spend most of my time sitting on a dining chair at the table. Only place doesn't kill my back to get up from!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Am thinking maybe I should have started a blog lol! This is going to be where I jot down all my random thoughts about it until Move DAY!

But - I'm getting SO excited now! Oh I love moving! And I get vicarious pleasure from reading about other people moving on here but now it's MY TURN again! I am taking Lucia over to see it when she gets home from work. I had planned for both of us to take the dogs and have a lovely long walk afterwards but - I've walked Bella already and changed my mind. I am leaving Bella behind this time. Then, when I've shown Lucia where I am going to - I am going to head to the local taverna nearby and treat her to lunch. Will be a good opportunity to check it out with a pal in tow before going down on my own first time. Tho I've already met a few who told me they use it.

Still very windy here. So windy yesterday that it has already dried up all the wet bits from the huge rainstorm just the day before! People walking round muttering 'god's left the fan on' lol! Or words to that effect.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 12:36 PM
LOL yes, it's imperative that you check out the local taverna's along with the local scenery and walks, let alone the local talent!

I think you moved into your current flat about the same time as I moved here didn't you? About 2 years ago?

Are there prices on any of the links you've given us, i.e. to buy as opposed to rent? Just interested in the property prices over there that's all.

The only problem with these flats though is the annual maintenance charge, I know it crippled mum in the end, even though her block was only 2 stories high and quite small. Having said that, you get what you pay for, and your new apartment does have all those fantastic facilities you can use, especially that pool, I know how you love your pool, same as I do, and you don't even have to clean it

I'm getting excited for you now, can't wait till you're in there with Bella.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Keep your random thoughts going Pat The only other person (other than you) who I've heard say they love moving is my M-i-L. I detest upheaval and change
Having said that, I can understand your excitement at moving to that wonderful complex.

I hope the Taverna you have lunch in today is as good and as friendly as you hope
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2014, 06:09 PM
It really does sound very exciting Pat and I think you summed it up when you said you want a change of scenery - and why not, why vegetate in one place when there's no reason to?

Having inherited loads of 'stuff' from deceased family members (and NONE of it wanted by me) its a PITA to have to go through it all and redistribute, I mean why would I want holiday photos of other family members enjoying themselves when a) THEY don't even want them (funnily enough they were in Cyprus) & B) it rubs it in that I never go on holiday!!

I reckon you'll enjoy it there and not look back, good on ya.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2014, 03:22 AM
Thanks Twix. Went over there again today. I am now wishing I'd said first April and not 1st May.

But my beloved little sis has booked the flights already to join me there end of May! Woo hoo!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Very good idea checking out the local.
May seems a long way off but its not really with all the annoying little things that have to be done when moving. I think you and Bella are going to love it there.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2014, 01:55 PM
No it will fly by Lynn. Yesterday was all Bank and Internet company. Have to go to Electricity Co. with Sabby as we pay bills in one another's names - we didn't bother to change when we 'swapped flats'!

No cheery updates for today. Big drama and crisis here last night. Still got a headache over it. Now even more looking forward to leaving.

Have given official notice to my landlord just now.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
No it will fly by Lynn. Yesterday was all Bank and Internet company. Have to go to Electricity Co. with Sabby as we pay bills in one another's names - we didn't bother to change when we 'swapped flats'!

No cheery updates for today. Big drama and crisis here last night. Still got a headache over it. Now even more looking forward to leaving.

Have given official notice to my landlord just now.
That doesn't sound too good? Hope you're all right Pat?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
That doesn't sound too good? Hope you're all right Pat?
I am OK thank you Anniebee. I will post about it at some stage. But I have good friends in Cyprus and almost all of them have either phoned or called round today.

It's why they call the whole country a 'village'. They say if someone coughs in Paphos - you will hear about it in Nicosia by the next day!

Yiannis, son of the biggest pig farmers and butchers chain here lives in the penthouse above me. He heard me threaten to call the police and was there in a flash saying 'you don't need the police' with me here.

Roger came in as soon as he got home and said Yiannis wasn't kidding and the last problem he sorted out he did so with his shotgun! Bluddy hell.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »