Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Fish 4 Dogs

Anyone use this??? I just received my jumbo box of fish fingers, dogs love them, along with my jumbo box of salmon mousse which is a 99% pure salmon additive for their kibble, and they also loved that, big time!!!

I'm very temped now to try their salmon dog food, so wondered if anybody else has or is using it please? It's so very natural, salmon is the best thing for skin, there are no additives, the only additive being the bulk which is potato and that's good for normal poo! I think I'm on a winner here unless I hear different then!
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Im not using their food at the moment, but Im using their treats. Our dog cant tolerate rawhide chews so I get him Fish 4 dogs sea jerky treats which are fish skins made into twists or knotted into chewy bones. He loves these and they dont upset him. I think they are a very good quality product and I have sent for some more of their stuff. I havent sent for any salmon mousse though, as our dog is very prone to looseness and wondered if this might set him off.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 05:58 PM
That's exactly what I got, the fish skins, but they're shaped into fish fingers, just like those tripe sticks, but of course, these are much healthier I would have thought!

I would imagine, the salmon mousse is the leftovers from where they skin the salmon, and then turn the skin into the sticks and treats, i.e. the bit inbetween the whole salmon and the skin, coz it's all soft and of course, it would be another wasted part which they are then using.

I will let you know on the poo front tomorrow, coz both my dogs are prone to upset tums with the slightest dodgy treat, and I wouldn't give rawhide anyway, it's too dangerous for me (I can't stand to watch them eat it, I'm a big worrier!).

One of my dogs has a terrible skin condition and a vet told me never to change his food over from salmon and potato, which I did years ago, so I can only see this as a step in the right direction for him, and the younger dog, well, Omega 3 has gotta be good hasn't it!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I use Fish 4 Dogs treats and Jess loves these!!!

If I fed kibble, I would probs feed their complete food as well as I think it looks a really good food.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I have just weaned my puppies on to this and they love it , going to be buying another bag at the LKA as well as the treats
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I`ve bought Razzle their Christmas Gift box (shhhh). It`s the first time I`ve had a dog on a fish-based diet, so no doubt will be visiting their site a lot
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
My lot have been on fish4dogs for ages as Rio is prone to being a bit of a lardy butt and it's one of the few foods that helped her shift the excess weight. On the downside I struggle to keep weight on Diesel on it though so his is supplemented with tripe. They also have the fish treats. Never had any dodgy poo's either.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to order a bag and that will help me out a lot too, coz they'll both be on the same food instead of different storage containers.

I am pleased to report, poo's are normal this morning and mid-day, and they had the mousse mixed in with their kibble yesterday. They are already on Salmon and Potato, but it's the Wainwright's one, but I'm sure the Fish4Dogs is a better quality, it should be at that price too!!!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Has anyone tried their working dog food? Is a bit cheaper ( on offer at the mo' at £30 for a big sack) and seems to have lower protein levels. Is sardine instead of salmon or the other one.
Hedley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Worth noting that another fish food is Wafcol Salmon and Potato which is for sensitive tummies. They do a puppy and a small or large adult kibble in it. I ordered it direct from them though, and received the adult rather than the puppy. Unfortunately I'd broken the seal etc when I realised.

It seems to go through Hedley though like all dry foods.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »