Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Leonbergers

Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks they are great! The Leos look more 'mastiff like' than Estrelas. That's the best way I can think of to describe them.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:41 PM
No Probs Must say that one of the most asked questions of 'What is it?' that we get (besides a GSD X ) Is ... 'Is it a Mastiff?' ......
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by DippyLeo View Post
No Probs Must say that one of the most asked questions of 'What is it?' that we get (besides a GSD X ) Is ... 'Is it a Mastiff?' ......
lol! Well they're big so they must be! We get GSD x and GSD too. Sometimes Leo, but that's understandable.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I was once asked a few years ago when my lad was about 18mths old if he was an Estrela ~ which suprised me cos both breeds were fairly unknown then

I have to admit though, to anyone who isn't involved with either breed it can be difficult to distinguish one from the other if you don't see both breeds together at same time ~ so the lady in question was forgiven! Lol!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by DippyLeo View Post
I was once asked a few years ago when my lad was about 18mths old if he was an Estrela ~ which suprised me cos both breeds were fairly unknown then

I have to admit though, to anyone who isn't involved with either breed it can be difficult to distinguish one from the other if you don't see both breeds together at same time ~ so the lady in question was forgiven! Lol!
When my guys get mistaken for Leos I'm actually quite chuffed that someone knows they aren't GSD crosses!
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:16 PM
know what you mean ... it was a pleasant surprise that the Lady had got closer to the right breed than a GSD ~ and its still heartwarming now when people stop you and say, thats a Leo isn't it
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2