Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Where is Mister? I thought you were keeping him?
that was going to be my question too.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Where is Mister? I thought you were keeping him?
Oh yeah, forgot about him.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for all your replies everyone, Toro IS NOT DOG AGRESSIVE firstly, she is very territorial in her own home though, although it took 6 weeks to have her allow Boabz in the house ect, there was never any fighting, she just would not give Boabz peace, constantly jumping at him, almost like she was trying to force him back out the front door, we took it slowly with them a wee bit at a time and now Boabz is like another member of our family when he is here.
I never updated on here about Mister Dawn, sorry, Toro would not allow Mister to come out of his room in the end, she would not allow him in the livingroom with us either, it was getting to the stage even though he had been with us a little over 2 1/2 months with every single day being monitored she was escalating and I could tell she WOULD have got nasty with him the first chance she got, I'm not exagerrating when I say we literally didn't sit down for the time we had Mister, we made sure we kept thing as calm as they could be in doors and kept a constant watch on them, they were never allowed to roam around the house without being seen, it was really sad and a hard decision but I definately didn't want Toro to become dog agressive after all the hard work we have put in with her, she was here first I had to think what was best for Toro and Inka...Mister is homed with a fantastic couple now getting the 100% attention he so deserves.
Toro gets on well with all dogs outside the house, it seems to be a more territorial thing with her.
Being that we have tried with 4 older bullies and she hasn't accepted any of them, but she has accepted Boabz I was thinking probably a change of breed would be best.
I'm not in any hurry , as I said probs more broody than anything lol
Phil I'd love to have Skye over, Inka would be made up with that too, his hero THE EQUALISER lol
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Thanks for all your replies everyone, Toro IS NOT DOG AGRESSIVE firstly, she is very territorial in her own home though, although it took 6 weeks to have her allow Boabz in the house ect, there was never any fighting, she just would not give Boabz peace, constantly jumping at him, almost like she was trying to force him back out the front door, we took it slowly with them a wee bit at a time and now Boabz is like another member of our family when he is here.
I never updated on here about Mister Dawn, sorry, Toro would not allow Mister to come out of his room in the end, she would not allow him in the livingroom with us either, it was getting to the stage even though he had been with us a little over 2 1/2 months with every single day being monitored she was escalating and I could tell she WOULD have got nasty with him the first chance she got, I'm not exagerrating when I say we literally didn't sit down for the time we had Mister, we made sure we kept thing as calm as they could be in doors and kept a constant watch on them, they were never allowed to roam around the house without being seen, it was really sad and a hard decision but I definately didn't want Toro to become dog agressive after all the hard work we have put in with her, she was here first I had to think what was best for Toro and Inka...Mister is homed with a fantastic couple now getting the 100% attention he so deserves.
Toro gets on well with all dogs outside the house, it seems to be a more territorial thing with her.
Being that we have tried with 4 older bullies and she hasn't accepted any of them, but she has accepted Boabz I was thinking probably a change of breed would be best.
I'm not in any hurry , as I said probs more broody than anything lol
Phil I'd love to have Skye over, Inka would be made up with that too, his hero THE EQUALISER lol
Well if she hasn't accepted 4 other dogs I definitely wouldn't risk bringing a puppy in. It could well be a breed thing but if she has issues with being territorial I would not chance it. Most dogs don't feel intimated by puppies but that could possibly change as the pup became an adult.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 10:17 AM
thanks for the update on mister. i know he was a favourite of many on here (myself included) and it's fantastic news that he has a good home. you must miss him loads though.

it is a real dilemma regarding another pup but i'm sure you'll make the right decision. xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Well if she hasn't accepted 4 other dogs I definitely wouldn't risk bringing a puppy in. It could well be a breed thing but if she has issues with being territorial I would not chance it. Most dogs don't feel intimated by puppies but that could possibly change as the pup became an adult.
Thankyou, yip your right, I have thought about what would happen as the pup got older too...maybe just not the right time for her yet, she turned 2 on the 19th, so is still very puppieish
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
thanks for the update on mister. i know he was a favourite of many on here (myself included) and it's fantastic news that he has a good home. you must miss him loads though.

it is a real dilemma regarding another pup but i'm sure you'll make the right decision. xx
Mister was a real gentleman, anyone who met him just loved him, I was sad to see him go, but it was as much for his own good as Toro and Inkas, the good thing is I am updated by the couple as is the home checker who did their home check, he settled with them very quickly and is enjoying being an only dog again x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2