Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Tassle has most of them and uses them for her clases when the dogs are not working on the floor.

They are great but some are easer than others. I like the tornado, it has enough levels to make its value longer than some others.

I have the plastic brick at home at the moment and it took Etta about half a minute to figure it out! Mind you she has been brought up on them.

There are some others on line but I don't know where---one we have has a drawer to pull out and a top to turn before you get the treat.

rune
Thanks Rune. I was thinking they might be particularly useful over the winter months - there isn't a lot of room in our house for much other kind of training.

Canine Concepts have a few different types for sale -though haven't checked whethere they are the cheapest/have the best range.

PS - ooh I wish I lived nearer, I'd love to come to Tassle's classes -they sound really good
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Just a thought for anyone thinking of buying one - perhaps we could set up a kind of swap system?

Say if two or three of us bought a different one each, we could maybe swap with each other after a month or two?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Just a thought for anyone thinking of buying one - perhaps we could set up a kind of swap system?

Say if two or three of us bought a different one each, we could maybe swap with each other after a month or two?
ooo that sounds like a good idea
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I bought the Dog Smart one for Dale when he was a puppy.
It took him a few sessions to master it but Chip got the hang of it in the first five minutes. They still like finding the treats but it only takes them a few seconds to do.
I don't know if the other puzzles would hold their interest for any longer, but I wouldn't bother buying the Dog Smart. A few old boxes to hide treats under would do just as well.
I'll pass it on to anyone who wants to give it a try
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I've got the blue bone shaped Tornado one and it was a Godsend to me when Zena wouldn't eat her kibble! I put a whole meal in there in the evenings sometimes, and being a game, it made food exciting, coz food wasn't exciting at the time!

When I read the instructions, how to get your dog to approach it, work it out, blah,blah, blah and how it would take a few minutes..... nah! Zena steamed straight in, swivelled each bit round and ate the lot! I still put a few treats in there some evenings if she's bored coz she really does love playing with it, finding all the treats, then tossing it in the air when they've all gone.

On the other hand, Georgie can't work it out at all, although he can smell the treats and wants them desperately, but he's not very high up in the intelligence stakes, he's very heavy handed and just knocks it about, hoping they'll just fall out for him, so doesn't stand a chance poor lad

I will definitely get another one of these, but I want a more difficult one, this one's far too easy, and I did see a big square one with slotted treat drawers when I bought this one, so that'll probably be my next for Zena. I would highly recommend them!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2