Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 07:21 AM

Shop bought dog games

Has anyone tried any of the various 'brain games' you can buy such as the ones by Nina Ottosson?

I keep thinking about giving one a go, but wonder if they'll end up being a waste of money - either the dogs will pick up the idea really quickly and it will get boring or they won't be able to do it at all and it will get equally bored of it.

So, I'd like to hear anyone's experiences please - which games have you tried and are any good?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I got my Mum the Karlie brain trainer for Lottie. It's double sided so therew are two games you can play on it. Lottie picked it up pretty quickly but you can vary it by only putting treats in certain parts and varying treats etc.

I think they are quite expensive, but they are pretty good too.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Has anyone tried any of the various 'brain games' you can buy such as the ones by Nina Ottosson?

I keep thinking about giving one a go, but wonder if they'll end up being a waste of money - either the dogs will pick up the idea really quickly and it will get boring or they won't be able to do it at all and it will get equally bored of it.

So, I'd like to hear anyone's experiences please - which games have you tried and are any good?
I was given one from my sister Fi, it was like one of those things kids have, where the shape is placed in the same shaped hole. Don't know where she got it from, but Meg picked it up very quickly.

I think she got bored in the end and only seemed to do it when she wanted something (treat)

I think it is in the shed, I'll have to try and find it, give these a go with it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I got my Mum the Karlie brain trainer for Lottie. It's double sided so therew are two games you can play on it. Lottie picked it up pretty quickly but you can vary it by only putting treats in certain parts and varying treats etc.

I think they are quite expensive, but they are pretty good too.
Thanks - that one looks better value than some with it having two games.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

I was given one from my sister Fi, it was like one of those things kids have, where the shape is placed in the same shaped hole. Don't know where she got it from, but Meg picked it up very quickly.

I think she got bored in the end and only seemed to do it when she wanted something (treat)

I think it is in the shed, I'll have to try and find it, give these a go with it.
i can just imagine.

Reah - 'huh - i shouldn't have to work for treats at my age'

Skye (flutters eyelashes at her Dad) 'ooh Daddy please just give me the treat'

Bruce - 'yay this is fun - my turn, my turn'

You'll have to get the camera out if you find it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Thanks - that one looks better value than some with it having two games.

i can just imagine.

Reah - 'huh - i shouldn't have to work for treats at my age'

Skye (flutters eyelashes at her Dad) 'ooh Daddy please just give me the treat'

Bruce - 'yay this is fun - my turn, my turn'

You'll have to get the camera out if you find it
Yea I think Bruce would love it.

As you say Skye would just use Dad....
and Reah well she does nothing for treats (as you know) other than waggel a paw at you
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I have seen these and was thinking of trying my pair with it (i fear it would be beyond poor Cassies brain power) but was also not sure what they would be like. They do seem a bit pricey so it may have to be a doggie xmas pressie . . .
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:16 AM
ive been looking at these for jake, but i have heard that they can become boring for the dog...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I've wondered about them too & if they would soon get bored (a bit like kids).
We need a nintendo DS brain trainer for dogs with different games - that would be good
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:25 AM
here's a link you might find interesting http://www.nina-ottosson.com/PRODUCTS.htm

you have probably seen it, but just incase you havent
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Tassle has most of them and uses them for her clases when the dogs are not working on the floor.

They are great but some are easer than others. I like the tornado, it has enough levels to make its value longer than some others.

I have the plastic brick at home at the moment and it took Etta about half a minute to figure it out! Mind you she has been brought up on them.

There are some others on line but I don't know where---one we have has a drawer to pull out and a top to turn before you get the treat.

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >