View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:56 PM
After the reaction my two had, I would be very cautious in recomending them to any one with a ball obessed dog, they'd be liable to go stir crazy with one of these.

I'm gonna keep a close eye for sharp bits appearing on this one, IF i give it to them again. I'm hoping they will calm in time with it. I can see how they'd work well for dogs that don't get quite so worked up though.

Ailsa, I didn't realise it made Biff manic as well. Though I do remember you saying about his teeth.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for that tip Evie, although my dog is ball obsessed, she copes with a football, but then that's got rope around it for her to grab hold of, but she's not a wrecker of any toys so wouldn't try to kill the boomer in any way, but then again, if she couldn't pick it up I just don't know?! Worth a go, I can always take it off her and give her a proper ball if she goes manic at it!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Diesel loves his Boomer and would be quite obsessive with it if I allowed him to be. He won't let any of the others near it but to be honest I think they're just curious as to what all the fuss is about. He isn't allowed to play with it all the time, just in 20 minute sessions. The rest of the time it's kept where he can't get at it. He loves it, it does look like someone has taken a cheese grater to it though where he constantly tries to pick it up and can't. They do sell them in pets at home but don't have the full range of sizes, well not in our one anyway. I would go for the largest ball, I've been waiting for Diesel to wreck the one he has so that I can justify replacing it with the biggest one they do, but it's survived everything he throws at it. I was sceptical it would survive but it's surviving beyond all expectations.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Now don't quote me, but I am pretty sure that it was the boomer ball that broke the teeth of one of the stud dogs where I got Yogi from

I am not sure my dogs would enjoy playing with a ball they can't get their teeth into and it would just cause frustration.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Is it made of a hard type of plastic then, the fact that they can't get their teeth into it?? I tried Zena with a large ball that she couldn't pick up, but she just wasn't interested in that, until I got the big football with the rope which she can pick it up with. Dunno, maybe I've wasted £15 here then! She already has an 8" ball, but it's a soft rubber and she can pick that up,along with her big Orbi ball which again, doesn't fit in her mouth, but she can pick it up, that's what's got me thinking about this Boomer, the fact that it's a hard plastic one! She might just kill it then!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 10:57 AM
If it is the one I am thinking of, it is hard plastic and dogs can't get a grip of it. Mine all LOVE footballs, but unfortunately with sharp teeth, they don't last long!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 11:03 AM
That's not so good then. Zena's favourite is her 6" soft blue ball kong, coz it's got a big hole in it and I can put treats in it, and when I throw it outside in the garden she can catch it without hurting herself........ only for her to bring it back in for me to throw again and that game goes on for a long time until I shut the door on her! Lol!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 11:21 AM
It is the hard plastic one. When you have a dog with the determination that Biff had...broken teeth are all too easy with them
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2009, 11:42 AM
It is hard plastic which is why it makes so much noise clattering around the patio. It isn't designed to be picked up, you may have to teach her to use her feet with it. With Diesel it was an alien concept not to put it in his mouth but I ran around like a looney demonstrating what he was supposed to do with it, he soon cottoned on. If he corners it he will try to pick it up and grate the surface with his teeth but I just tell him to 'bring it here' and he starts to dribble it over to me. Diesel isn't einstein so everyone should be able to train their own dog in a similar way.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh gawd now I'm wondering if I might end up damaging her legs, let alone her teeth, what with growing joints and all that, it might not be a good idea for her to be dribbling a big hard plastic object around on the patio or the grass come to that!!!!! I don't think she'd try and bite it and damage her teeth, but then again, she did pick all the soft plastic bits off her blue and white Orbi ball, but she was a lot younger then, she's grown out of nibbling bits off of things. I'm gonna try her with it, it might be great fun, unless, somebody advises me against it because of her tender joints at her age
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >