Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Boomer Ball - Opinions?

So the boomer ball I ordered for my tough chewer arrived today and I gave it to each of the dogs in turn to play with. They both love balls, but I never expected to see such a manic reaction from both of them.

They both (in turn) chased it around , trying to bite and get a grip (which of course they can't) with much whining and growling. It was manic both times, but more so with Willow than Elroy. I'm glad I gave it to them one at a time, cos I dare say there would have been all out war over it, they were both so worked up over it. After a few minutes each I took it away.

I'm unsure now wether it's a good thing or not going by how worked up they got over it. Any one else had a similar reaction to it first time round? Did they calm over time?
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Do you think it was because it was just a new toy? I was thinking of getting one, as one of my lot kills all toys and I wanted something that would last at least a full day lol. they may calm down the more they get chance to play with it?

Mo
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2009, 05:51 PM
My boy would play with his for hours on end if he had the chance!
He loved it, he also gets himself all worked up trying to pick it up, which he some how can do!
He flings it, chaces it, jumps on it ....just has alot of fun with it really.
He to gets quite vocal playing with it to.

Never let them use it indoors..its like a bulldozer!!!
Also keep an eye on it, after the battering the boomer ball takes, (biting and being flung) it can get abit sharp and cut there mouths.
So just keep checking it every now and then.
It is supposed to be industructable..but my boy managed to make it not be!

Looking forward to some pics
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I have one but its hidden in the back of the cupboard.
Chip loves balls, but gets so worked up over the boomer that I always end up taking it away after a few minutes. He starts off OK, chasing it around, but then starts barking and growling like a maniac.
He can't have it indoors because he throws it around and the furniture can't survive it.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Willow has had balls before and whilst she loved playing with them she was really aggressive with this. Elroy was similar, but not quite as bad. I couldn't chance letting the two of them play with it together because I'd worry the agression would turn on the other dog.

We don't have suitable outdoor space for them to play with it. I might bring it up to Mum and Dad's garden sometime to see how they get on with it there.

They've had new toys before, but I'm just suprised at the level of aggression this one was attacted with!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I had one years ago for Biff, who destroyed all other balls. He ruined his teeth on it as he had that terrrier stubborness going on and he was determined he was going to get it in his mouth...and he did many times. We took it away from him as it made the plastic all spikey and rough. It did make him manic too. I don't like them and wouldn't get another....Biff ground his teeth on it.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
So the boomer ball I ordered for my tough chewer arrived today and I gave it to each of the dogs in turn to play with. They both love balls, but I never expected to see such a manic reaction from both of them.

They both (in turn) chased it around , trying to bite and get a grip (which of course they can't) with much whining and growling. It was manic both times, but more so with Willow than Elroy. I'm glad I gave it to them one at a time, cos I dare say there would have been all out war over it, they were both so worked up over it. After a few minutes each I took it away.

I'm unsure now wether it's a good thing or not going by how worked up they got over it. Any one else had a similar reaction to it first time round? Did they calm over time?
My dog is the same with his.......I've had to take Diesel's away from him now.....His ball has actually cut his chest When he's dug his teeth into it, then rolled it around, it's now got lots of sharp pieces of plastic on it.

My dog has played with his ball a few times since he got it, obviously with my supervision, and he goes mental everytime x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:24 PM
What is this boomer ball please, got a piccy of one??? Do they sell them in P@H? I want one, Zena is obesessive with any ball, be it a small hard rubber one, a giant rubber one or a football she loves all balls, and sounds like this would be great for her! Thanks!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
What is this boomer ball please, got a piccy of one??? Do they sell them in P@H? I want one, Zena is obesessive with any ball, be it a small hard rubber one, a giant rubber one or a football she loves all balls, and sounds like this would be great for her! Thanks!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Company-Anim...6239672&sr=8-1

Sorry, forgot to say, no, they don't sell them in pets at home. Only on the net x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Lou, but £15 for a ball??????? It had better be good then!!! One on order, watch this space!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >