View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't cry much - at least not when anyone, including animals can see it...

Many years ago I had a rat, called Kara.... The most I remember about Kara, was that she gently licked the tears from my eyes on a really bad day...... I still miss that little girl... She died from cancer...
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Leon will push into me as I usually find him and cuddle him tight if I'm crying..he will try to lick my tears and then rush off to find Tiger or one of his other playmates...almost as if he wants to offer me his nunu as a comforter
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Maddy goes insane, she cries and starts nuzzling you and licking and making a fuss, they all do to a degree but give up after a wee while, Maddy gets herself quite upset.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I don't know what Missy would do, I haven't had a bawling session since we adopted her. I tried a pretend one and she looked at me as if I was barking! My first dog Spotty would sit on my lap and lick the tears up.
You mean barking as in completely mad, or barking as in woof, woof?!

Laura xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 11:39 AM
My dogs get really affectionate if I cry. I was reading a really sad book in bed one night and started crying. Tilly (who had been completely asleep), woke up, got into my bed and licked my face
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 12:20 PM
My current two just bring me a ball & if that doesn't work wait for me to stop. Ignore me if I'm crying at something I am reading on the computer though.
My last bitch left the room if I cried & would periodically peep in but not come near me till I stopped. My boy would nuzzle up & try to love me better. I knew he had cancer before my parents died & I often felt he fought to stay with me for those18 months afterwards to help me get over my loss.
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Last year my Mom died, it's the first time Amber has seen me really cry almost hysterically for minutes at a time, she seemed to know the difference from crying at a film which just gets a lick and then walks away, she came to me put her head on my knee then got up on the sofa (which she it not allowed to do) put her head on my shoulder as if to give me a cuddle, this she did for a few weeks when I was really upset, since then she has never been on the sofa, it was as if she knew what had happened and I needed that extra bit more love from her.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Depends what sort of cry it is, if I'm just crying with tears running down my cheeks watching a film or something sad on TV, Poppy will come over and try to lick my face, if it's a sobbing sort of crying following an argument with someone, she will sit at my feet and protect me.

I remember once shortly after me and OH split up, I was crying, my mum went to put her arm round me and Poppy must have thought she was going to hit me, she jumped between me and my mum and growled at my mum, obviously thinking it was my mum who had made me cry.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 01:46 PM
awww, some of the dogs are so so sweet! what cuties

its interesting how some dogs react completely opposite to others...
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Eden comes to put her head in my lap, and Anubis will come sit close to me.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >