Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 01:29 AM

feeling down

im going though it right now and now i think its starting to get to me

first off i lose Leo, then i kick my OH out for thinking that he can slap me when ever he wants and now my kitten has gone missing (its been 3 days now) she is an in door cat only and now i think she has gone for good) the house has to go and i have to move out and im finding it hard to find somewhere i can have the dogs as well so its looking like i might not have them for much longer. i breed a little of pups for me to keep a pup and now i might not be able to keep the 2 i have.

i tried telling my mum what im going though and she dont care at all my nan wants to know is what he has done wrong. i cant tell her as she will say i told u so.

then this stupid woman on msn thought it was a good idea to tell me all her problems i dont think i can take it for much longer

please dont feel like you have to reply to this i only posted it so i couls write it down and get a little bit of it off my chest
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Sorry to hear of your worries Nat, and of course you will get replies from the DW support system

Troubles never seem to come singly, and you've had a heap dumped on you lately so it is understandable that you are feeling rather depressed and overwhelmed.

It is important that you look after yourself - eat properly, get some exercise, and try to sleep at night. If you are feeling physically below par then everything else tends to get out of proportion. Take one day at a time and look for something good in that day.

Your kitten is a worry, but she may just have wandered off and been adopted by someone else thinking that she was a stray.

You did the right thing in getting out of an abusive relationship even though it means you have to move house. I can understand that it is difficult to find accomodation which will accept dogs, but it can be done so keep looking and don't let the rejections get you down. If you think that your Nan can be of help and support then, when she says "I told you so", bite your tongue and agree that she was right all along

The problems of the person that contacted you via MSN may seem trivial compared with yours, but maybe were important to her? If it happens again just respond to the effect that you are sorry to hear of her woes without becoming involved in a 'conversation'. Or, if you do not want contact again can you block her messages?

Do you have a trusted 'girlfriend' network that can support you through these trying times? Don't be afraid to ask for help, people are usually all too willing to lend a hand or an ear, but may not wish to make the first move for fear of intruding.

I hope you will be feeling a little less dispirited come the morning. Remember there are always people here (far more experienced than I am) who will help you in any way they can.

SB
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Hi Bobby,

I'm new to DW so I hope you don't think I'm being a little too forward. I was in an abusive relationship for some years, then, having escaped that one, went straight into another mentally abusive relationship, so I know how you are feeling at the moment. Unfortunately, husband number two was supposed to be rescuing me from husband number one. I really feel for you. IMO, no matter how embarrassed it makes you feel, gather your family around you for help. If they make any nasty remarks regarding your choice of men, just agree with them, as you must have some emotional support at this trying time. Do you have any close friends nearby who can support you as well? Try to remember that, no matter how crap you feel at the moment, you will feel better as time progresses. As SB has already said, there are places out there that will take dogs. When I went through my last split, there was a Great Dane and a Lab X who both went with my ex to a rented flat, so it can be done. In the meantime, we are here for you. Post at any time, there must be loads of us who have had similar experiences. In the meantime, take care of your son and your cracking dogs and try to keep your chin up.

Take care {{{hugs}}}
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi nat

Sorry you are going through rough times at the moment, I wish I had words to say that could be of benefit but I don't. I hope that you stay strong and perhaps take some time out for yourself, it sounds like you need some 'you' time to feel good about yourself.

I'm so sorry that you've had to endure an abusive relationship, I am so glad that you have had the courage to walk away from it.

Stay strong.

xi
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi,I think like the others you did right getting out of the relationship,will your Nan really say I told you so,I'm a Mum to grown up children and when my son came back home from a broken relationship I wanted to say it,but I bit my tongue and didn't, you might be surprised. I do hope things work out,i'm sure they will, if you really feel you can't cope maybe pop to see your Doctor for some help,to get you through this negative time. (((((Hugs)))
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi Bobby. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time! firstly, you've done the right thing not allowing someone to abuse you - good for you for standing up for yourself!
I can only echo what everyone else has said really but keep posting, it'll help just talking.
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Nat, am here for ya mate. Talk to me anytime you know that. It will take it's time but things will look up eventually. It will be hard for now until you get another house but we are all here for ya ok {{{{HUGS}}}}
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Hiya Nat im so sorry your going through this at the moment, and nothing I say will make it any better, just stay strong now when you feel at your worst and things will start to improve. None of us on here will reply to you because we feel we have to its because we want to, and are here for you when you need us, its sometimes helps to talk about it as you see things more clearly, look after yourself x
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 01:00 PM
So sorry to hear all this.
However, you have taken the first and most essential step by getting out of this abusive relationship. You didn't deserve that and it's not your fault.

I hope you will be able to rebuild the family network. If your mum is really not interested ( ) then lean on your nan (and tell her the reason why you couldn't stay with the abusive b*****d. It's not your fault; it's him that has the problem but you who's ended up in the s*** because of it). You need an adult to share things with - try to trust your nan.

Take care. xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 01:42 PM
hi nat your never alone always remember your a dogwebber.......you are such a lovely gal and deserve much better be strong you will survive cos thats what you are a surviver..always here x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >