Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone.

Bit of a mixed bag of weather today breezy, overcast and occasionally the sun peeps through. I feel we may get some rain at some point.
No calls through the night so I reckon mum may well rally round this time again as she has many times over the last few years and wear us out with the worrying and waiting.
If I knew she was going to bounce back and lead a happier life it wouldn't be so bad but she won't she will be in pain still and miserable at where she has to live now.
Hey ho we will know more after Paul's visit later today.
It was a bit of a restless night with all sorts going through my mind.

Bev I am thinking of you all today as Ash prepares to leave and Charly and her exams. Wishing Charly lots of luck and Ash a safe 2 years. (((Hugs))).
Lorraine I hope you are feeling better today and are able to get to the Dr things have now got on top you as they will with so much going on and the worry of your parents.
The crying thing is a release I have been in that position many times when I had to deal with my mum all the time on my own. So if you can take a step back and get some help even if its some tablets to get you through. (((Hugs))).
Helena I hope your batteries are well and truly recharged and I did have a giggle at the lamp shade. Sorry.
Pat I hope you are getting use to not having family around today and not missing them to much.
Chris is there something going on with Gary today ? if there is wishing you well with it.
jenny I hope nothing under or in the house disturbed you to much last night.
Lynne the same for you. I know you both had to share the bed again after OH's returned from their jaunts away.

I think that's everyone if not apologies for those I might of missed and of course hoping you feel better soon or things gets better.

Have a good Monday and a safe one.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Very very sad here right now. Ash is about to go any minute so you can imagine how things are here, they are such a wonderful couple together and so deeply in love, its so sad to see them torn apart like this.

I am working all day so will not be much use or comfort.

Lynn thinking of you and your mum today.
Take care all and have a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning! Mixed bag of weather here too. I am listening to 'stuff' being bowled up the road by the wind. They say more rain on the way but they get it wrong all the time. Is making for interesting exercise between front and back verandahs while I try to dry all the sheets and towels!

Bella needs to lose weight - I hope temps remain more seasonal as I intend to change her walk routine and instead of taking her for about an hour first thing - splitting it into 3 half hour walks throughout the day. She detests rain and thunder though so this idea might not get off the ground too quickly!

Storms knocked my sat tv out before sis arrived. My cable tv is now playing up too - loud static noise and pic keeps freezing. I will need to get someone out to sort it as I like to watch tv as I work on the pc and I have a LOT of work to catch up on!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning all,

Was OK till about half an hour ago. Started crying and I'm leaking like a tap. My poor boss is going to go mad. Brian just growled at me cause I was off all last week. I'm so pissed off with myself and want this to stop.

Once I've been to the doc I'll be studying and trying to take my mind off things.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Very very sad here right now. Ash is about to go any minute so you can imagine how things are here, they are such a wonderful couple together and so deeply in love, its so sad to see them torn apart like this.

I am working all day so will not be much use or comfort.

Lynn thinking of you and your mum today.
Take care all and have a good day.
Morning Bev. I can imagine.
Hopefully when the initial goodbyes are said and he has left and Charly has done her sobbing which she will she will then be able to focus on the exams ahead and all the good things in front of her work wise and Ash's return. Then start planning for her and Ash's future.
This is going to be very hard on them both but harder for Charly I would imagine. Also for you who is going to have to pick up the pieces while he is away and of course I know you will miss him and the fun times you have had recently at home. They will return all those fun times and more settled times for Charly and Ash.
More big (((hugs))) I like you wish I could take her hurt away.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:01 AM

Morning Lynn, bright and breezy here too. I hope you get good news re Mum soon, thinking of you
Bev, I really feel for you. It must be dreadful watching the tw youngsters so unhappy. Good luck and I hope that the days goes smoothly.
Morning to anyone else who has crept in
I will be back later.

Huge hugs, Lore xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning! Mixed bag of weather here too. I am listening to 'stuff' being bowled up the road by the wind. They say more rain on the way but they get it wrong all the time. Is making for interesting exercise between front and back verandahs while I try to dry all the sheets and towels!

Bella needs to lose weight - I hope temps remain more seasonal as I intend to change her walk routine and instead of taking her for about an hour first thing - splitting it into 3 half hour walks throughout the day. She detests rain and thunder though so this idea might not get off the ground too quickly!

Storms knocked my sat tv out before sis arrived. My cable tv is now playing up too - loud static noise and pic keeps freezing. I will need to get someone out to sort it as I like to watch tv as I work on the pc and I have a LOT of work to catch up on!
Morning Pat the weather sounds wild where you are at the moment. I hope the sheets and towels don't take off over the balcony.
Good luck with sorting the tele and have you discussed the diet with Bella.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Was OK till about half an hour ago. Started crying and I'm leaking like a tap. My poor boss is going to go mad. Brian just growled at me cause I was off all last week. I'm so pissed off with myself and want this to stop.

Once I've been to the doc I'll be studying and trying to take my mind off things.
Morning Lorraine don't be so hard on yourself and Brian and your boss need to give you the time and space you need. You are emotionally drained and growling and grumbling at you is not going to make you better.
Good luck at the Dr's and don't worry about breaking down in front of the Dr. They will have a box tissues ready.
More (((hugs))).

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Morning Lynn, bright and breezy here too. I hope you get good news re Mum soon, thinking of you
Bev, I really feel for you. It must be dreadful watching the tw youngsters so unhappy. Good luck and I hope that the days goes smoothly.
Morning to anyone else who has crept in
I will be back later.

Huge hugs, Lore xx
Morning Jenny thank you.
The sun is shining here now. Not sure for how long.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Very mixed weather here expected but right now the sun is out, but for how long?

Lynn - Not a lot I can really say about you not having a phone call regarding your Mum and all you can wish for really is for her to be calm and in no pain. ((hugs)). I still have fingers crossed for viewers to come out of the woodwork. I hope you have a nice Dillon walk and don't get rained on.

Bev - Oooooh how sad your household must be right now. . Once he has actually gone though it will almost be easier (as far as emotions are concerned), it is the apprehension and the huge build up of them leaving I think that is the worse. Charly will find an 'emotional working level' and life will carry on as she literally has no option. Hopefully Charly's exam today will go OK, do wish her luck ((hugs)).

Pat - I do hope your weather settles and it sounds as though it has been pretty ferocious out there. I too need to lose weight so I'll think of little Bella pounding the pavements in the pouring rain Has your brother-in-laws tongue healed?

Lore - (((((hugs))))) .... you aren't going mad!! The tears are your release valve ....... too much on your plate and something has to give. More ((hugs)).

Jenny - Are you still entertaining the Germans? Enjoy your day and you may need to batten the hatches later, as a very unsettled day is forecast.

Helena - Good luck at the docs, and won't they have a shock when they realise your blood is blue.

I'm off to walk the dogs shortly as the sun is still out.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes Jenny the Germans are here for a week haha we had such fun last night playing cards eating German chocolate and drinking Devonshire cider.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Good morning everyone. Lots of love and hugs of sympathy coming your way Lynn and Bev. I hope your individual pain will ease soon. I hope Charly and Ash have set up Skype or some way of keeping in regular touch if they can do that and adapt to it quickly they will settle into a routine and the pain will lessen.

Malka, I hope you and Pereg had a good night.

Have a good day all if you can.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »