View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Ramble you say I dont educate well why the hell am I posting the pics of this poor girls on a public forum, you dont give a crap about the ex breeders you just having a dig as I said it was lame you not wanting a rescue as it humped your dog SIMPLE AS
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
To be fair, there were certain aspects when KCJack first posted that made several people uneasy (e.g. was she working by herself, paying for these dogs etc). These have all been answered and Mini specifically opened another thread to discuss the pros and cons specifically so that KCJack would not feel that she was being got at.

It is not always best for the good of the cause (in this case closing down puppy farms) to rescue individual dogs, depending on the circumstances. As an example, I have heard many people say 'we just had to rescue the pup from that place, it was so unhappy, we knew we shouldn't buy from these places but we just couldn't leave him there'

Following on from her explanations, we know that this isn't what KC was doing; she is working with a rescue, they are not paying for the dogs, etc. Now that everyone knows the facts about how KC has gone about this, I don't think that anyone is arguing that what she is doing is wrong.
Great post Hali if anyone is interested in helping with a new Community Project on Puppy Farms please post your ideas in the existing Debates thread here.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...42#post1606142
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Ramble you say I dont educate well why the hell am I posting the pics of this poor girls on a public forum, you dont give a crap about the ex breeders you just having a dig as I said it was lame you not wanting a rescue as it humped your dog SIMPLE AS
Once again you completely fail to understand what others are saying or willfully misintepret by picking about bits you want.

Talk about education, I will say again, you will never educate people with your poor manners and aggressive personal posts.

You manage to be civil to puppy farmers for the sake of the dogs, can't you learn to be civil on a public forum where you are effectively pushing yourself as the face and voice of rescues?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Well it kinds gets on your wick when your trying to tell people whats going on and you get people nit picking as they dont like you when they havent got a clue what they on about .
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Well it kinds gets on your wick when your trying to tell people whats going on and you get people nit picking as they dont like you when they havent got a clue what they on about .
Two things, firstly, just because they don't always agree with you doesn't mean they are ignorant.

Secondly, for the sake of all rescues you must learn to rise above it. So you might not care what people think of you...but how would you feel if you found out that people had decided not to donate to the rescue centres you help because they didn't like your attitude? I know that personally I would be mortified.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 04:12 PM
can I ask KC, does the rescue you work for have kennels or are the dogs they rescue all put into forster homes?

can I also ask how many dogs they can hold at any one time?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I wonder KCJack if the rescue you work for lobbys...if they educate...if they record every bit of info they can about where the dogs are collected from, the car reg etc...????
KCJack you seem to have missed my questions about the rescue you work for. Out of interest are they one of the rescues that lobby and educate?

I do not have an axe to grind with you....I do not have the time or energy or inclination for that...you, on the other hand have made sweeping, incorrect assumptions about me.

As for the rescue we didn't take because of the humping...give it a rest KC it is old news and quite frankly we made the right decision for him,for us and for our current dogs. It would appear only you can't see that as being the responsible thing to do as the rescue totally agreed with us given the change in his behaviour and personality since his assessments were originally done...
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 07:07 PM
This thread is going nowhere. It's just become a slagging match.

I call for a locking and if anyone wants to take it up as a separate thread then they should. It is after all an interesting debate, but it's turned too personal to be bothered with.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree...and I a pologise as I had said I wouldn't comment again but got drawn in. I shall say no more. Sorry all.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

17-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
This thread is going nowhere. It's just become a slagging match.

I call for a locking and if anyone wants to take it up as a separate thread then they should. It is after all an interesting debate, but it's turned too personal to be bothered with.
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree...and I a pologise as I had said I wouldn't comment again but got drawn in. I shall say no more. Sorry all.
Agree to a point but if it has made one person think - what can I do to stop this happening it has done some good.

Obviously it has done that as we now have the new puppy farm community project sections for info and ways to help - lets hope everyone gets involved to end this hideous practise which is at the end of the day what we all want.
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 >