View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

16-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
KCJack I was replying to the post Spot made in which she said that rescues do lobby.

You are not the only one who helps rescue KCJack.
Obviously I cannot answer for KC however I know rescues who do pass the info on and lobby the powers that be via lobby groups set up specifically for them. It has more power than one rescue or rescuer trying to go it alone.

I know you volunteer for a rescue and good on you.

Now blow ya nose and keep warm and plenty of fluids
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:07 PM
you know what i think people should just agree to disagree.

i feel sorry for kcjack...why should she have to defend herself for rescuing these dogs...which she has and is being made to do by certain people on here...she is doing a damn sight more than the people judging and saying more needs to be done...if all you people are that bothered why dont YOU do something about it rather than commenting on something you know nothing about
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Obviously I cannot answer for KC however I know rescues who do pass the info on and lobby the powers that be via lobby groups set up specifically for them. It has more power than one rescue or rescuer trying to go it alone.

I know you volunteer for a rescue and good on you.

Now blow ya nose and keep warm and plenty of fluids
Thankyou Spot.
I can see that lobby groups would work well with those rescues that do record the information about the breeders they take on and I personally think such rescues should be given as much as support as they can be.
Good on them.

The trouble is that KCJack says she doesn't lobby and doesn't educate...it is very hard to know if she is speaking as an individual or for the rescue that she works for...particualrly when you have the brain fog that I have been suffering from for the last week.

Off to snuggle on the sofa with a box of tissues, a soothing drink, my son and 2 hairy mutts!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post

i feel sorry for kcjack...why should she have to defend herself for rescuing these dogs...which she has and is being made to do by certain people on here...she is doing a damn sight more than the people judging and saying more needs to be done...if all you people are that bothered why dont YOU do something about it rather than commenting on something you know nothing about
Just because people don't talk about what they do for rescue of animal welfare on here, doesn't mean that they do nothing.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:18 PM
im talking about the pfs not 'normal' rescues im talking about the ones that rescue breeding stock
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:20 PM
If we all just did work with ex breeding stock what would happen to the other dogs/animals that need help? Does not dealing with ex breeders mean you can't comment then? Does that mean those that deal with ex breeders can't comment on other animal welfare issues?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:28 PM
if you read my posts you will see thats not what im saying
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I did read your posts GSDMad and you said that if we ask questions we shouldn't...and that we know nothing.
if all you people are that bothered why dont YOU do something about it rather than commenting on something you know nothing about
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I did read your posts GSDMad and you said that if we ask questions we shouldn't...and that we know nothing.
i meant people slagging off rescuers of breeding stock and making this thread personal. and you obviously dont know much about the rescue of breeding stock. perhaps JUDging was a better word than comment
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post

To be fair, there were certain aspects when KCJack first posted that made several people uneasy (e.g. was she working by herself, paying for these dogs etc). These have all been answered and Mini specifically opened another thread to discuss the pros and cons specifically so that KCJack would not feel that she was being got at.

It is not always best for the good of the cause (in this case closing down puppy farms) to rescue individual dogs, depending on the circumstances. As an example, I have heard many people say 'we just had to rescue the pup from that place, it was so unhappy, we knew we shouldn't buy from these places but we just couldn't leave him there'

Following on from her explanations, we know that this isn't what KC was doing; she is working with a rescue, they are not paying for the dogs, etc. Now that everyone knows the facts about how KC has gone about this, I don't think that anyone is arguing that what she is doing is wrong.
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 >