View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I've just got back from a long walk with the doglets. An unbelievably cold and biting wind but if it wasn't for that it would be gorgeous as we've got the sun shining ..... sorry to Helena and anyone else who have snow By the looks of it France and Belgium have been really badly hit as well.

Helena - I hope it all thaws quickly and you can Dave out to earn more dosh I'm sure Zena won't mind a day indoors.

June - I hope you've got your bank card stopped ..... a dating agency ...... have you got something to tell us I can't believe your bad luck at the moment .... surely that black cloud has got to move on soon

Pat - your lounge looks lovely but tact will definitely have to come in to play regarding any painting that needs doing.

Malka and Pat ....... I cannot imagine what it must feel like to feel hot. Roll on the summer here although if it is anything like last summer I think all the Dogsey members will be landing on your doorsteps.

OH and I are off to clean our flat before the carpets are cleaned on Friday and the new tenants move in on Saturday. I would much rather spend the time here catching up on housework after having had our house guest and then my tooth op etc etc .......

I'll check in again later to see how you are all doing. Take care and keep warm.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Well this painting person was coming at 5 and phoned to ask if they could come earlier - at 3. And they ain't bluddy here yet! Now that does annoy me - not as if I specified the time!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
You need to charge the pool table rent, I bet it would soon be shifted then!
My idea is to get help to get it out on the verandah in the elements. I think they'd move it when I told them where it was.

Already paid the window cleaner €20 and he couldn't do that window! I'm not so horrible I'd allow him to walk on it!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Yes Jenny, they've stopped everything, I can't believe how they've done it because I am so careful where I use my card, somehow they've managed it.
I've been married twice and believe you me I won't ever be going down for the third time, twice was two times too many rather an un-dating agency for me
Its hard to motivate yourself when it's so cold, but we could be worse off, we could live on the South Coast Have a lovely afternoon cleaning, maybe Nippy will give you the loan of her steam mop
Got loadsa bones here, I have no idea if they'll all fit in my freezer, so best get bagging them up
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Pat - I hope the painter finally turned up So so annoying when people don't turn up or at least phone to say they are running late.

June - I don't blame you not wanting a 3rd husband ..... now that really would be pushing out the boat
I hope you got all those bones in your freezer, its not as though you can give give them a good push down ..... bones aren't exactly squashy

OH and I have just come back from the flat ....... men can be so annoying! I was gathering cleaning stuff together and he told me had everything in a bucket and the hoover in the back of the landrover along with a new cooker. Well he didn't have any limelite, nor window cleaner and he forgot that he'd taken our spare hoover out of the landy at the weekend. So I'm going back tomorrow to hoover and to re-paint one wall and touch up a few other walls, to limelite the sinks etc etc.

I've just fed the dogs so in an hour I'll take them out on their second walk ..... I've been running so late that our second walk won't be in the sun

Helena - did Dave manage to get to work in the end? I do hope so as there is nothing worse than expecting one's OH to be away and suddenly they are not. Was the snow you got forecast?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Have a lovely afternoon cleaning, maybe Nippy will give you the loan of her steam mop
Ummmm would you mind not lending my steam mop out to all and sundry?

It's been a glorious afternoon here but far too cold to go out in it so I have been on-line shopping hahaha
About to cook roast beef etc for dinner.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi Nippy Oooh, roast beef, far better than what we are having tonight. We are only having Tortelloni (which have always been referred to in this household as 'dog's fannies') and salad. No comparison between your meal and mine . Enjoy!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Nippy, I am shocked, surely you wouldn't mind lending your steam mop out to all and sundry, after all you have one and the vast majority of us are still waiting to win ours
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 05:32 PM
The dog's card is with the same bank and I had their account in front of me, I only use it for the vets and their food/shavings and stuff like that, very very rarely on the internet if at all because I use paypal whenever I can and that is linked to the other card.
I do have a card on my building society account but that isn't one that can be used for paying anything, you can draw money out with it, end of.
Credit card is on its knees due to the babies vets bills, and again never use it for anything really as am trying to pay it off (famous last words).
£7k I can just imagine opening THAT statement, well actually I can't because I would've passed out
Off on the bone run.
Send all the Norties home when you've finished with them there please and remember to send Harvey's girls off on the next ferry (if they're sailing that is) Jimmi is coming with my girlies and they're dropping him off on the way up, if they can get him to stay awake long enough that is
Norties are on their way back, I sent them off in the bright sunshine after a good meal, and wrapped Jimmi up and gently packed him in Lona's backpack so he doesn't have to make the long journey home, and if nothing else, at least the journey will have hardened up his little pads so he will no longer suffer with them. I'm sure he must have hidden amongst all the bags of spuds anyway half the time, cos his paws were fine on arrival. The girls are getting the channel tunnel back to Harvey, they said they'd prefer it to the Ferry cos they get seasick

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I've just got back from a long walk with the doglets. An unbelievably cold and biting wind but if it wasn't for that it would be gorgeous as we've got the sun shining ..... sorry to Helena and anyone else who have snow By the looks of it France and Belgium have been really badly hit as well.

Helena - I hope it all thaws quickly and you can Dave out to earn more dosh I'm sure Zena won't mind a day indoors.

June - I hope you've got your bank card stopped ..... a dating agency ...... have you got something to tell us I can't believe your bad luck at the moment .... surely that black cloud has got to move on soon

Pat - your lounge looks lovely but tact will definitely have to come in to play regarding any painting that needs doing.

Malka and Pat ....... I cannot imagine what it must feel like to feel hot. Roll on the summer here although if it is anything like last summer I think all the Dogsey members will be landing on your doorsteps.

OH and I are off to clean our flat before the carpets are cleaned on Friday and the new tenants move in on Saturday. I would much rather spend the time here catching up on housework after having had our house guest and then my tooth op etc etc .......

I'll check in again later to see how you are all doing. Take care and keep warm.
Hi Jen, hope it all goes well at the flat, and I hope the new tenants appreciate a nice, clean flat to move into. I bet that doesn't happen often, going on what Dave has viewed of late!

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Well this painting person was coming at 5 and phoned to ask if they could come earlier - at 3. And they ain't bluddy here yet! Now that does annoy me - not as if I specified the time!
Grrrrrrr, I hope he isn't going to be like my window man who never bothered to turn up

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My idea is to get help to get it out on the verandah in the elements. I think they'd move it when I told them where it was.

Already paid the window cleaner €20 and he couldn't do that window! I'm not so horrible I'd allow him to walk on it!
I would have let him stand on it on a dog throw! Who cares, and who'd know?? You want that OUT don't you and quick!

Yes Jenny, they've stopped everything, I can't believe how they've done it because I am so careful where I use my card, somehow they've managed it.
I've been married twice and believe you me I won't ever be going down for the third time, twice was two times too many rather an un-dating agency for me
Its hard to motivate yourself when it's so cold, but we could be worse off, we could live on the South Coast Have a lovely afternoon cleaning, maybe Nippy will give you the loan of her steam mop
Got loadsa bones here, I have no idea if they'll all fit in my freezer, so best get bagging them up
LOL, now there's an idea June, an un-dating agency!!!

Pat - I hope the painter finally turned up So so annoying when people don't turn up or at least phone to say they are running late.

June - I don't blame you not wanting a 3rd husband ..... now that really would be pushing out the boat
I hope you got all those bones in your freezer, its not as though you can give give them a good push down ..... bones aren't exactly squashy

OH and I have just come back from the flat ....... men can be so annoying! I was gathering cleaning stuff together and he told me had everything in a bucket and the hoover in the back of the landrover along with a new cooker. Well he didn't have any limelite, nor window cleaner and he forgot that he'd taken our spare hoover out of the landy at the weekend. So I'm going back tomorrow to hoover and to re-paint one wall and touch up a few other walls, to limelite the sinks etc etc.

I've just fed the dogs so in an hour I'll take them out on their second walk ..... I've been running so late that our second walk won't be in the sun

Helena - did Dave manage to get to work in the end? I do hope so as there is nothing worse than expecting one's OH to be away and suddenly they are not. Was the snow you got forecast?
Oh Jen, I'm surprised at you there!!! Fancy RELYING on what your o/h has told you about what's in the boot, when you know they won't have put everything you need in there!!! They always somehow manage to make us do the same job twice don't they!! Look at Sally with her crumbs husband just after she's cleaned her kitchen!! Oh well, not much you can do about it now is there. We have had glorious sunshine all afternoon and some of the snow has melted, not a lot, but enough on the roads for Dave to get to work tomorrow. He never even bothered today because of the traffic news on the tv and radio, it just wasn't worth the risk, but tomorrow morning, I'm sure those gritters will have been out all night with the flack they got today from the media.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Ummmm would you mind not lending my steam mop out to all and sundry?

It's been a glorious afternoon here but far too cold to go out in it so I have been on-line shopping hahaha
About to cook roast beef etc for dinner.
Hi Jen, online shopping hey? Dunelms??? Been glorious here too, although we've still got most of the snow around. A lovely mid week roast, well, almost mid week, enjoy, and you've probably got it all to yourselves tonight instead of having to share it amongst the whole family. What's for pud then tonight??

Hi Nippy Oooh, roast beef, far better than what we are having tonight. We are only having Tortelloni (which have always been referred to in this household as 'dog's fannies') and salad. No comparison between your meal and mine . Enjoy!!
LOL, now let me guess who thought of that name for it?????

Had a glorious afternoon, so the roads are now wet but it'll probably freeze overnight. Everywhere else is still very white with thick snow, but at least it's on the way out now.....until Thursday, but from what I can gather, it won't be us this time, but you lot ooop north!!! So watch out, it's coming, and it's very heavy.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Good evening all.

Sorry, not read much as yesterday and today have been pretty much a blur - headaches, streaming nose, coughing, not being able to breathe and basically feeling as though I'm dying. BUT, this afternoon I've felt as though the world is coming back into focus so hopefully, I can participate a little more now.

To all those snowed in, I hope the meltdown comes very soon for you. We had a couple of inches the other night, but it didn't stay long thankfully.

Today we've had sunshine and I'm stuck in the house nursing this stupid cold - argh!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy what's left of today xx
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »