Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Dog ate washing liquid tablet

we have had an awful afternoon, i took my 5 1/2 month old springer pup to my dads and before i knew it he had managed to find a washing liquid tablet and eat it.

He has vomited loads and we have taken him to the emergency vet, and they have spoken with the toxicology people, he has been given an anti sickness jab and we are to keep a very close eye on him.

What a really horrible stupid thing to have happened, I am so upset with myself and really worried.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
silly dawwg,try not to worry too much...one of mine had a thing for biological washing liquid when she was a pup .... shes 14 now

should just be a tummy ache ..bless,hugs to you both xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
My last cocker spaniel when was pup(few years ago) ate washing powder that spilt out of drawer, he was fine, hope n am sure your dog will be ok too x
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
They have told us it is an irritant rather than a poison which i suppose is a small comfort, we have to be really careful if the vomit foams as this can cause him to aspirate into his lungs and then pneumonia is a risk, so i am going to sleep with him and am watching him like a hawk.

they also said feed very bland rice and chicken tomorrow morning and he hasnt been fed tonight, so we are just praying that all is okay.

As well as the not so nice emergency vet bill on new years day, but that really does pale into insignificance when you are worried about what you have done to you puppy!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
They have told us it is an irritant rather than a poison which i suppose is a small comfort, we have to be really careful if the vomit foams as this can cause him to aspirate into his lungs and then pneumonia is a risk, so i am going to sleep with him and am watching him like a hawk.

they also said feed very bland rice and chicken tomorrow morning and he hasnt been fed tonight, so we are just praying that all is okay.

As well as the not so nice emergency vet bill on new years day, but that really does pale into insignificance when you are worried about what you have done to you puppy!
thats standard advice,as is feeding chicken and rice(overcook the rice)...try not to panic...how old is he and how long ago was this?..id be sick too if i ate one

dont feel bad.. dogs will be dogs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Hopefully she won't vomit after that injection, you'll both get a good night's sleep and she'll be right as rain again tomorrow. got everything crossed for you. What a nightmare you've had!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
thats standard advice,as is feeding chicken and rice(overcook the rice)...try not to panic...how old is he and how long ago was this?..id be sick too if i ate one

dont feel bad.. dogs will be dogs
He did it at six oclock, and is 5 1/2 months old, it is some comfort that being an irritant isnt as bad as poison, but i feel so awful, that is without the bill that we have had!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
He did it at six oclock, and is 5 1/2 months old, it is some comfort that being an irritant isnt as bad as poison, but i feel so awful, that is without the bill that we have had!
aww hun..im sure he will be fine,he will wonder what all the fuss is about and may even blow a bubble when he poops

let us know how he is tomoz
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Hope your pup is ok tomorrow, hon.

Try not to beat yourself up - sh*t happens, as they say

x0x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Aww i hope he is ok. Dont beat yourself up about this. These things happen. They are just like kids, you have to watch them like hawks otherwise they will eat something or do something to hurt themselves. We cant watch them 24/7
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >