Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hows the itching today ?

All this sounds a nightmare. Azz's and Ys's suggestions sound like they might be worth a try.
the itching is fine now, it normaly starts late at night or during the night and lasts from 1 to 4 hours after starting, rarely do I get itchy during the day, its very strange.

just found out what I thought was a juicer is really a smoothy maker so I need to get my hands on a juicer in the next few days.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Do you know if cooling helps your itchiness? I know that it does with me for other things, but not sure if it helps you?

If it does, buy a couple of 'wheat bags' and stick them in the freezer
(you know the ones that you stick in the micowave to warm up - well they work the other way too) . when the itching gets bad, take them out and lay them across your feet/legs. If its really cold, you might get away with just sticking them on your bedroom window ledge - that way you don't have to go down to the freezer in the middle of the night!

Its not a remedy, but might give you some relief until you can find something that will kill off the bacteria.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:38 AM
thanks Hali, thats a great idea, cooling does help when its my feet and lower legs,
I did find myself standing outside in the middle of the night with pjs and nowt on my feet in the snow a few times I also tried sitting in the bath with my feet in cold water but thats a pain.
will try the cool bags.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
thanks Hali, thats a great idea, cooling does help when its my feet and lower legs,
I did find myself standing outside in the middle of the night with pjs and nowt on my feet in the snow a few times I also tried sitting in the bath with my feet in cold water but thats a pain.
will try the cool bags.
shouldn't laugh really as it shows how bad it must be for you to be willing to stand in the snow in bare feet in the middle of the night

Hopefully if you can stop the itching with the cool bags before it really starts you might be able to get a half decent night's sleep.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Aw Shona Hun sorry I have missed this what a pain for you. Really hope the Cabbage works but am guessing there must be something in it Good luck and take care of yourself Huge hiugs from me and your wee spud xxx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I have the Phillips HR1851 - for £30 or so (which has come down a lot now) it's pretty good:

http://www.hawthornshop.co.uk/index....oduct&p=11885#

I would love to get a single auger juicer tho... they cost about £300
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Feel better soon x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I got a call from dougie yesterday morning to say he had been sick and had bad botty as well, so we are now wondering if its been the novo{sp?} virus

so now im not sure if its been something thats been doing the rounds or the antibiotics

I have a doc appointment on monday though and will have a chat to her about it all
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4