Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 08:38 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Morning everyone

Sorry, can't stop this morning, got trauma's (not with Zena but Dave).

Hopefully all is well for everyone today, and I'll come back as soon as I can.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning H and all,

Oh dear H, I hope Dave is alright, let us know when you can.

Its a bit warmer here today, well 1 degree above freezing anyway . No snow yesterday but a light dusting overnight which made it easier to walk Lily this morning, the compacted snow and ice from a week ago had made walking her nearly impossible.
Kyiro begged and begged to come for a walk this morning. Its been nearly 3 months since he has had a walk so I put on all his boots and walked him 2 mins down the road and back. With all his sniffs we was out for about 5 or 6 mins and his little eyes really lit up. Its been 8 days since his amputation so it must be well on the way to healing now and he had the protection of the bandage and his boot so I don't think it will have done any harm and mentally it has done him a lot of good.

Lots of housework on the cards here today.

Take care out there everyone and have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

Hope everything is OK, Helena x

Rosie has slept all night - YAY!!!

She's had a solid 8 hours, had her breakfast and meds and is zonked out again at my side.

I can't tell you all how relieved I am.

We've only had a very light dusting of snow overnight so it looks like we've missed this last lot thankfully up to now. Just as well really as we still have the last lot down.

TW, I hope little Sasha is OK this morning too and that all other poorly doggies are now on the mend.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Morning Helena and all fellow members,

OMG your post Helena sounds very worrying, I hope Dave is OK and I'll keep checking in to see what's happened. ((hugs)).

I've decided its much easier to walk my two dogs with two people then as least I have some control as the road here (no pavements) is just compacted snow and like an ice-rink. A car came in mid-evening and didn't manage to negotiate a sharp bend and apparently has demolished the estate sign. My OH was asked to help tow the car out of the fence with his land rover. No one was hurt which is the main thing.

I really hope all those with poorly dogs had a good night: Sasha, Rosie to name but a few.

I'm off to take the dogs out in the garden again as one is now sitting by the door and I don't want to ignore him .... just in case

See you all later. Stay safe and warm.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

I hope the trauma with Dave resolves itself quickly Nechda and that you are able to come back and tell us everything is OK.

Bev - I am sure that little walk was a sheer delight for Kyiro!

Chris - I am so pleased to hear that little Rosie had a good night - I hope you did also.

jenny - I do not think I would fancy walking two dogs by myself in such

June - when you arrive I hope to hear good news about Sasha and the Hooligans that there has been no more cowpats or squirts.

I hope everyone already here and those who follow are able to keep warm and keep safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Morning all

OMG Helena you have us all worried now. I really hope Dave is ok. Please take care of yourself and Dave and come back soon and let us know how you are.

Bitterly cold here, still no snow or frost funnily but a biting wind. 2c with a wind chill of -2
Stay warm everyone, back later to check on H.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 09:51 AM
OMG! Helena. Hope things are ok with Dave.
Glad kyiro has been out for a little walk. It will do him good.
Hope everyone else is ok.

I came down this morning to the dreaded Dire Rear All over Taffs bed & the doormat. He had another one in the garden after his breakfast & then another two in the park. it's murder to pick up as it all sinks in the snow & gets covered up. I'll have to keep an eye on him today. He's still as lively as normal & ate his breakfast.
I think it's trying to rain here now. Should get rid of the snow anyway.

Stay safe everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Oh gosh Helena I hope everything is OK with Dave.

I had a lovely long lie this morning. Finally got my TMA away last night. Today is a day for catching up with the housework and studying a little. I'm going to take Dougal out first though, there's some dark ominous clouds coming over Fyrish, I want to get going before that hits.

I have to go to the shops at some point as well, putting it off as long as possible though cause I hate shopping on a weekend. Too many people.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Morning H, hope Dave is OK.

Morning all, another stay at home day me thinks.

Stay safe if you have to venture out.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

Helena I hope everything is ok with Dave...

Chris I am pleased Rosie is settling down

Taffs mum I hope taff is feeling better soon x

Bev I bet Kyiro enjoyed his little walk outside.

I've had a good night with O/H I got up to check on him in the early hours and he was fast asleep and didn't wake till gone 8 this morning He is still finding it difficult to use the crutches though but it's early days.

I've popped out to the local supermarket,walked as the roads are like a skating rink,very very icy and the pavements are not much better It's started to snow again but only light powder like stuff.It's very very cold out was hoping it would start to thaw but that looks unlikely.

Have a good day all xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »