Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:31 AM

Dogsey's DAILY THREAD - Saturday

Good morning everyone This will be the new official title for the Good Morning Dogsey Thread, and will again be open all hours, please feel free to join in throughout the day and don't forget to look out for it each morning, as it changes daily (obviously lol!)

I'm doing the honours again today, as Lynn is obviously very busy getting Gorden off, and I'm really hoping she's remembered to pack that furry hat for when he steps off the plane in Russia, it can't be that warm over there Good luck Lynn, not too many tears please but hugs are good .

Not been up long, what is the point, it's absolutely chucking it down outside (again!). Zena was desperate to go out, that was until I opened the back door, she took one look and turned around, who can blame her. I got out one of her coats, put it on her, opened the door again, but still she didn't want to go, so I had to give her just a little bit of gentle persuasion from behind! I'm sure she was pleased she did coz she came running back in with her tail awagging, had her face dried ( spoiled or what ) coat taken off and now she's gone back to bed - very sensible girl.

Off to do the van change-over for my new guests this morning, but Zena might have to wait for her walk when I get back because it could, just coooooould dry up later???? Doubt it!

Hoping you're all well and your doglets, thinking of you June and wondering if you've been up all night, thinking of you Bev having to take Kyiro back to the vet for the bandage change, definitely thinking of you today Lynn, and also poor Greyhoundk who has a very sick dog at the vets, and everyone else of course who has a sick dog, and poor Malka who is sitting there sweating (true! )

Enjoy the week-end everybody
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow it's the same here tippling down with rain and very dark.

Poor Chloe was not too keen on going out so we just had a short walk in the hope it clears up later. We still managed to get very wet and I am looking forward to a hot shower .

Have a good day everyone whatever you choose to do
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone Its now my mission to try and comment on this thread everyday

Luckily it's not raining here and hope it stays like it as I'm going to ashton court with the dogs sortly. Looking forward to seeing max in his new harness!

My dogs are the same with rain, get all excited about going out until they see the rain!

Hope everyone has a good day, I'm going shopping later in street, I hate shopping
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Morning Helena.

Tears here already and I haven't dropped him at the station yet. Goodness pull yourself together woman he isn't going to fight a war. I really don't know how the women managed it my mum was one of them and how they manage it now sending their loved ones off to hostile territory. I will be better when I have said my goodbyes I will have a big cry then look forward to him coming home in 4-5 weeks. Hopefully things will turn around a job will come up and he will not have to go back unless he loves it of course and wants too.

Can't say as I blame Zena staying in bed very sensible girl that one.

Big (((hugs)) and lots of positive thougts to June and I hope Cariad is doing well. GreyhoundK and Bev.

Thank you Helena for doing the thread this morning.

I have put a thought up I hope it helps all who read it and those who most need it.

Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa

Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor

03-11-2012, 07:48 AM
AW Lynn (hug) come on chin up and think of England x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
AW Lynn (hug) come on chin up and think of England x
Will do Mini.
Meg
Supervisor

03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Nikki123 View Post
Good morning everyone Its now my mission to try and comment on this thread everyday

Luckily it's not raining here and hope it stays like it as I'm going to ashton court with the dogs sortly. Looking forward to seeing max in his new harness!

My dogs are the same with rain, get all excited about going out until they see the rain!

Hope everyone has a good day, I'm going shopping later in street, I hate shopping
That's nice Nikki I don't always get time to write a lot but I am enjoying reading about everyone else and I have had some great laughs over the last few days .
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
{{{{hugs}}}} to Lynn
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning Helena and all who follow it's the same here tippling down with rain and very dark.

Poor Chloe was not too keen on going out so we just had a short walk in the hope it clears up later. We still managed to get very wet and I am looking forward to a hot shower .

Have a good day everyone whatever you choose to do
Morning Mini I must remember to change my own showering routine, because I have mine at night, I do my hair and everything, then I go out with Zena next morning, get soaked to the skin, hair like ratstails, and that's how I spend the day - things have gotta change, I will now be showering in the mornings methinks!

Originally Posted by Nikki123 View Post

Good morning Nikki, lovely to see you back and even more pleased to hear you're gonna try and stick with us Try and enjoy that shopping, it's one of my acquired skills

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena.

Tears here already and I haven't dropped him at the station yet. Goodness pull yourself together woman he isn't going to fight a war. I really don't know how the women managed it my mum was one of them and how they manage it now sending their loved ones off to hostile territory. I will be better when I have said my goodbyes I will have a big cry then look forward to him coming home in 4-5 weeks. Hopefully things will turn around a job will come up and he will not have to go back unless he loves it of course and wants too.

Can't say as I blame Zena staying in bed very sensible girl that one.

Big (((hugs)) and lots of positive thougts to June and I hope Cariad is doing well. GreyhoundK and Bev.

Thank you Helena for doing the thread this morning.

I have put a thought up I hope it helps all who read it and those who most need it.

Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa

Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn Oh dear, somehow I just knew it, we'd all be the same, but as you say, he's coming back, honest he is, they WILL let him go when they've finished with him and I'm sure they will also be very gentle with him throughout his stay - trust me, my mother survived Siberia in the war, so I'm sure Gorden will survive the North of Russia in a nice, cosy office and 5 -star hotel (even 4 is good!) lol!

Now come on, don't let him see you toooooo upset because it will play on his mind and he needs to be up and together for this forthcoming task, bless your heart.xxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Ditto your thoughts for June, Bev Greyhoundk and Lynn [tissues ready hon?].

Umm, you are correct in thinking I am shvitzing - I have just set the thermometer on the table next to my keyboard and it is registering 39.2°C so no wonder my left arm is burning. Fair enough it is cooler indoors when the door is closed but Pereg is sprawled outside and until she is cooked and comes in I cannot close the door.

Someone should tell the weather that this is November, not the height of summer.

Right - off for a shower - one good thing about the sun is the fact it heats the water! Not so good when there is no sun and I have no hot water though, as the immersion thingy in the tank wot is on top of the solar panel tends to blow the electricity so I have not used it since the first time I tried when I moved in here 12 years ago. Not to worry, my theory is that if there is no hot water then it is too cold to shower in any case, and my en-suite, not being a solid structure, is like an ice-box in the winter. So then it is boil a kettle and have a quick up and down with a flannel and get clothes on quickly!

Have a good weekend everyone. and massive (((HUGS))) for Lynn xx
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »