View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:02 AM

Anyone know where i can get hold of this book?

i really want to get into dog grooming, and found and amazing book when i was in college, called ultimate grooming by eileen geeson.

ive searched for it on amazon but the hardcover version is over £100 for a used copy!

they do it in paper back but there is another author so i dont know if its the same inside.

can anyone reccomend where i can get it, for maybe a bit less money!! and also does anyone else have any good dog grooming books with professional cuts in?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Can any book be worth £235? Good luck with your search though.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:22 AM
aww the link to order the book is broken £30 is definately a bargain!!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:23 AM
If you google "ultimate grooming by eileen geeson" then the 4th or 5th result is a link to the "Dogs Irish Kennel Club". A few of their newsletters seem to mention this book at a newsletter reader's offer of £30 freepost. Not sure how recent these newsletter issues are but might be worth contacting the company/website because it does crop up a few times, they may have some in stock to sell.

Whoops, beaten to it. Issue 3 looks like it may be pretty old (mentions to 2003 judge results) but it's mentioned again in issue 17 which may be more recent?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:29 AM
the link from issue 17 wont work either think theyre old

just found another good book called the all breed grooming guide by sam kohl. but that seems pretty exspensive too.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I would drop them an email and ask, they may still stock them, won't harm to ask.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Eileen Geeson still writes a column for one of the weekly dog papers. If you google her name you will find her tel number and email address on the standard poodle website - why not ask her where to get a copy ?

I would be careful about the other book - make sure it shows the british standards and not the American ones which are quite different.

Good Luck !
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
I would be careful about the other book - make sure it shows the british standards and not the American ones which are quite different.

Good Luck !
Beat me to it I was just going to say that. When I worked in the library I was always warning people about that
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 04:30 PM
It looks like it may have been reiussed as Ultimate Dog Grooming?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Dog...4936209&sr=8-1

It's the same amount of pages as the one you're referenced and by the same woman. Maybe you're just looking at an older out of print edition?

Also wanted to add, since someone mentioned it, a review on the US site for this book says "The author has more of a UK/European-centric view of things, meaning she focuses more on hand-stripping certain breeds than clipping them, as is more the custom in the US."
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 05:32 PM
thanks for that. will take a look. i remember having it out from college and it was pretty good.