Miss H Townsend, Suffolk. Tel: 01473 832301
Mrs A Weston, London. Tel: 0208 3042942
Mr & Mrs Gibbons, Wickford, Essex. Tel: 01268 733353
Edwina Charlton, Mold, Flintshire. Tel: 07879 230589 Fax: 01352 741 281
Email: edwinacharltondawn@hotmail.co.uk

Dobermann Welfare Association
Mrs D Stevens, Leominster, Herefordshire. Tel: 01568 708502

Dobermanns In Need
Mrs V McDonald (Co-ordinator), Angmering, W Sussex. Tel: 01243 542545 (9 till 6pm)
Email: dob.ineed@virgin.net www.dobeinneed.co.uk/
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for that, think I will look further into this as I know that rottweiler rescue bring dogs up to fosterers here so they have more chance of homing and in far away areas from 'certain previous owners'

Thanks!
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Have you tried Fife Rottweiler rescue?

Also Many tears foster dogs all over the Uk?
http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsres...ngforhomes.htm

I also have a list of all of the rescues in Scotland, even the ones that are breed specific
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 06:42 AM
go for the it, your better going through breed rescue and if fostering appeals give it a go,, and keep pestering, i am rehoming co-ordinator for yorkshire for NESSR, but i work full time, and have 5 of my home to see to, sometimes things slip me by and it can be a while before i respond to an email, a phone call just jogs my memory
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Be patient with the rescue. The amazing people that I foster for are always super busy but I have been so impressed with the way they do things. Having seen horror stories of dogs being placed in entirely inappropriate homes with sometimes tragic consequences, it's vital that you have faith and confidence in the rescue you choose.

Good luck with your search and I'm sure the right dog is waiting out there for you!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks all, youve been a great help. As I mentioned I have stuff going on for the next few months so it will be a while until its really suitable etc but its definatley something I am going to look into and consider now!

Thanks again, especially the people who have taken the time to post when they do rescue work themselves.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 05:33 PM
So glad you have decided to go for a rescue dob. Regarding the fencing, is it possible to nail some lattice on the top to raise it a bit?

Good luck in your search and hope you will let us all know when you have found your new Dob.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
So glad you have decided to go for a rescue dob. Regarding the fencing, is it possible to nail some lattice on the top to raise it a bit?

Good luck in your search and hope you will let us all know when you have found your new Dob.
I was thinking about that, however due to the layout etc, I'm not sure if I could change the actual gate to 6ft due to to location/local authority rules etc...

Something else I have discovered is that some wont let you foster or adopt with an entire male in home (which I have) Perhaps its worth a few phonecalls over the coming months to explain why etc and reassure them that there will be no mating going on!!?
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi Dobermann

Yes, rescues vary in terms of how strict their criteria. You will find that some will not agree to rehome a dog if your own dog is entire. But this is not true of all rescues.

Also re the fencing: many rescues will insist that fencing is five ft and also totally secure for any dog - when I wanted to bring Dexter home the rescue came round and agreed on the condition that I really quickly sealed up a small gap in one fence.

If you really are set on a rescue dog then you will find the right dog, but it can take a while, again because there are lots of rescue groups and organisations and they can all vary in policies.

It took me several months to find Dexter and I had registered with literally every rescue org and rescue group that I could physically get to.

Re speed of response:

Perfectly normal that you haven't heard back yet. Most rescues are snowed under with work. I had to 'chase' for responses sometimes. It can be frustrating but again, definitely worth it once you find the 'right' dog
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, good news I got a reply from one - which is one that I always check as it happens! They are busy at the moment but have emailed me the appropriate telephone numbers so I can get in touch with the right people.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >