View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Griffin so far has been a springer, a cocker and more reguarly now he's a bit bigger a flattie, Chester is a touch on the distinctive side to be mistaken for anything .
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Well hopefully not a Scottie lol
Ha ha-you'd be surprised!

I even made them coats each with large letters on the back saying "Kerry Blue terrier" and people still came up and asked me if they were Poodles!

We met a "Robroyd" Russian Black terrier at a dog show last summer. I think they are lovely but have heard from someone at dog training club that they can be difficult as the owner was having trouble with guarding issues.

I think they look like large Kerry Blues and they are certainly a very imposing looking dog. When do you get yours?
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I recently rescued a 6 year old Schipperke and on 2 different occasions I've been asked if she's a Husky pup
Most people we've met out walking have never heard of the breed and assume she's a cross.....with 'a bit of corgi' in her.
Poor Betty!

abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:24 PM
We have had some very silly ones

Callan the pit bull

Freddie and Boris (RIP) the 2 dobermanns

and Sacha GSD x greyhound

TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Two people have asked me if Dexter was a Golden Retriever - even though he looks like the Lab he is. I think it must be because his coat is golden.

Several others have approached us in the park, said hello, and then frowning asked 'Is he a cross breed?'

As it happens, I can't say for sure: the shelter I got him from say he's a full Lab but so many people query this I'm beginning to wonder...

Not that it matters, we adore him, full stop
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Most people guess he has collie in him but it interesting what people think he may be crossed with. Most people guess lab or gsd but i have had husky as well. I did have someone say he was a spaniel and one women asked me if he was an Alaskan Malamute

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I get asked if mine are 'mini collies' all the time
Which I suppose in their own way they are
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Labramongrel ,everytime
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by parsonsmum View Post
I recently rescued a 6 year old Schipperke and on 2 different occasions I've been asked if she's a Husky pup
Most people we've met out walking have never heard of the breed and assume she's a cross.....with 'a bit of corgi' in her.
Poor Betty!
Ooh she's gorgeous! I'd love a Schipperke, such cute little faces

Molly gets mistaken for a Manchester Terrier all the time. She's only ever once been identified correctly (MinPinX). I've got used to it but it does annoy me when people won't listen and seem to think they know her better than I do
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I once had a guy who insisted Monty was a rhodesian ridgeback and "you can tell by his colour". I told him about 5 times that he was a boxer and then gave up.

I've also had a woman who referred to him as one of those "bull type breeds" - I assume she meant a bull terrier!

My all time favourite was a woman who had the breed correct but wanted to know "what type of boxer" he is?! If i'd have been quicker i'd have answered heavyweight or something!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »