Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:17 PM

Dog attacked my dog in the street

I am not going to name the breed, as I believe in deed not breed, but yesterday was horrific. I was walking my two dogs,Flo and Toffee, a yorkie and pomerranian respectively, when a guy came out of his house. He took one look at me with my two dogs,and looked startled and turned back towards his open front door.Too late, his monster of a raging rabid looking large dog came out. Flo backed away and slipped her lead, running off , Toffee screamed in terror. Before either I , or the large dogs' owner could do anything, he had Toffee in his jaws. Toffee screamed in fear and pain, the man wresteled his dog to the ground shouting at it to let go, I cried out for help, and and tried to put my own hand in the attacking dogs jaws so it would let go of Toffee. This must have gone on for two to three minutes, the attacking dogs eyes red with rage. Thank God a young teen age lad heard my cries, and came running out of his house with a stick, and hit the attacking dog, who was startled enough just long enough to let go of Toffee. The same young lad walked me home as I was so traumatised I was incapable of even asking him to ring my husband from my mobile. Toffee is now home, having spent all night at the vets having major surgery, her abdomen was punctured, with three layers of muscle torn, exposing her intestines. She also had puncture wounds to the neck, bruised eye and tongue. She is on antibiotics, and we are warned to watch out for peritionitis and or, stitches bursting as the wounds was jagged. Flo, thank God , had run home, and was stitting on the doorstep, having crossed a road to get home, so thank God was not run over. Please pray for Toffee, she is only 18 months old, and the sweetest most loving dog in the world. Pleaese tell me ,why on earth do people keep such dangerous dogs? The guy incidently did not even come after me to see if toffee and flo were ok.The vet bill so far is over £800, why on earth should he get away with this???
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:26 PM
OMG thats a horrible thing to happen I do hope Toffee recovers soon
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:30 PM
OMG that sounds horrific - poor Toffee
Do you know where the man lives so you can report him etc...?
Praying Toffee recovers ok - hugs to you all
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Firstly, I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you and your dogs. Poor Toffee, I am crossing everything she will defy all odds and make a full recovery. Please give her some gentle cuddles from us here

Secondly, I think you should report this to the police or the dog warden, especially as you know the owner's address. He should not have had his front door open if he has such a dog-aggressive dog, and it was negligence on his part that has caused this.
Hopefully they can go and have a word with him and you never know, he may offer to cover part or all of the vet's bills. I know that is not the point, but he should not be allowed to get away scot-free.

When our dog bit another dog (wasn't serious) we swapped numbers and phoned this gentleman later in the day to check how he and his dog were and make sure he knew to get in contact about any vet's bills.

Please keep us updated, I really do hope Toffee makes a full recovery. *hugs*
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

He shouldnt get away with it. He had an out of control dangerous dog. Report him to the police.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

That's an awful thing to happen to all of you. I'm so sorry. This guy obviously knew the dog was capable of this by the way he looked at you startled. I just hope he has the decency to find you and help you out.
I'm sending vibes to Toffee and hope she pulls through soon. xxxxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:37 PM
What a horrible experience and I do hope Toffee is going to be ok. Hope you are alright as well - the horror of it all must have been terrible.

Presumably you can send him the bill as you know where he lives.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh dear poor Toffee - we have a couple of raging monsters on our street - thankfully nothing has ever escalated as far.

I hope she gets well soon and report the man to the police - it may have been an accident but he should pay at least if not all your vet bills for what his dog has caused. He is as far as the law is concerned - responsible for his dogs actions and welfare. And if he was about to take that dog out into the public, he must by law have it muzzled if it is capable of doing that.

Keep us posted on Toffee's progress

*hugs*
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I am so sorry about what happened to you . My old neighbours Yorkie was used as a tug toy by two mastiffs and made a full recovery, I really hope Toffee does too. Fingers crossed there are no complications and she heals quickly, physically and emotionally. I'd also report the incident to the authorities.
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh thankyou so much everyone for your kindness and good wishes for Toffee

We have reported it to the police, who kindly phoned me last night to ask how Toffee is. They are looking into what legislation can be used, and will phone me again on Monday to let me know, they are also telling the local Dog Warden, so think the owner can expect a visit.

I am on tenterhooks now for Toffee, who bless her, is sleeping soundly in her squashy bed with her pink blanket over her. We have her in a playpen so she doesnt try to run around at all. Bless her, she has only just recoverd fully from her luxating patella surgery in the summer. Poor little braveheart.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »