Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Nottingham Area

Does anyone know any good places to take dogs in the Nottingham area i know wollaton park but was wondering if there were any other places like that?

Thanks x
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I personally dont take mine to Wollaton Park purely because there are too many deer, waterfowl and people and my dogs would get into serious trouble!

There is Highfields just round the corner, Bramcote Park (a combination of recreation area and woodland), Colwick Country park blah blah.

I guess it depends on if you can drive and what kind of place you are looking for to exercise your dog(s). If you can drive then places such as Sherwood Forest, Sherwood Pines, Clumber park etc are all excellent places for the doglets.
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I personally dont take mine to Wollaton Park purely because there are too many deer, waterfowl and people and my dogs would get into serious trouble!

There is Highfields just round the corner, Bramcote Park (a combination of recreation area and woodland), Colwick Country park blah blah.

I guess it depends on if you can drive and what kind of place you are looking for to exercise your dog(s). If you can drive then places such as Sherwood Forest, Sherwood Pines, Clumber park etc are all excellent places for the doglets.
yeh i heard Sherwood forest was supposed to be really good to take them just wondered if there was anywhere closer! But can drive there so no problem really. Thankyou
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I take it by "closer" you are not in North Notts! By mentioning Wollaton Park you sound like you could be around the same area as me as I live just a 10 min drive from Wollaton.

There is also Rushcliffe Country park in Ruddington but they operate a traffic light system i.e red zones dogs are banned etc. Bestwood Country park is pretty decent too.
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeh not far from Wollaton really
We live in The Meadows right next to the embankment so we usually just take them there but looking for somewhere new! Will have to give these places ago anywhere like i say travel isn't a problem nice to go somewhere new
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 12:04 PM
It's 10 years now since I lived in Nottingham, But when I was there ( I lived in Arnold) I used to take the dogs to places like Woodthorpe park, Ruford country park, Clumber park, Colwick park, Holme peirpoint, and also a place in chilwell which was a nature reserve but I cant remember what it's called. I did like Wollaton park but we got chased by a stag there once, so it scared me!
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
It's 10 years now since I lived in Nottingham, But when I was there ( I lived in Arnold) I used to take the dogs to places like Woodthorpe park, Ruford country park, Clumber park, Colwick park, Holme peirpoint, and also a place in chilwell which was a nature reserve but I cant remember what it's called. I did like Wollaton park but we got chased by a stag there once, so it scared me!
Thanks alot!
Probs gonna try out all of them a new one each week lol
Thanks again
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
and also a place in chilwell which was a nature reserve but I cant remember what it's called.
Attenborough Nature Reserve.
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2010, 09:55 PM
There was a warning about the parks mentioned in Nottingham in the post last friday. There has been many dogs falling ill after walking in woodlands one died. There is something in the environment of these places making dogs very ill 24 hours after being walked there. The same thing happened same time last year. The forestry commision have put up warnings about it in these areas. I have not visited Sherwood pines, Rufford park, Blidworth woods, Clumber park or Sherwood forest since last year when it first came out.
I have been travaling to shipley park or further afield to Derbyshire for dog walking. For this very reason.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Several dogs have died/very ill after being to clumber park was what I'd heard.
Elvaston castle is more derby way but not that far if you drive, get there before 9.30am and there isn't normally anyone to take your parking money
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >