Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Look at the length of those legs, sure she isn't part giraffe
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Its getting a bit strong here now, just thought there was someone banging on the window, which would have been strange, but it is the wind.
Absolute quiet here in the house, babies zonked out as well so if the dogs aren't bovvered we may well be OK.
Just thinking of all the poor horses who are out in this, stood in the mud and the rain, no shelter, nowhere to get out of it, and no one caring enough to bring them in, breaks my heart thinking about it. Bad weather always sets me off like this
Need to go and see to the big girlies now and make sure they're alright, and I've actually done some ironing and brought some more downstairs just now, hurrah!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Helena - Oh goodness, that was a bit close!

Ah June, your son is so right! I just showed Dora's beautiful picture to Steve and he thinks they would have been rubbish owners with that attitude. And look at her anyway - she is gorgeous and she is going to be a fantastic looking grown up too.

Well, we got loads of shopping and to be fair, the traffic etc. wasn't too bad. We already have to take back one of Carys' though because it is damaged.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I have just surfaced from a zonk on my recliner wiv Da Booga on top of me - oh duz 'er seem 'eavy when 'er is azonk on me.

I somehow managed to have a word with Olga, our GP, when she was here earlier and said that the blankelty blank heart pills were giving me the gallopings so she said OK, come here and I will give you a letter for the orstible and I sed oh yeah an' 'ow am I susposdid to get to you?

Oh, 'er sed. Is you still 'avin' problems gettin' out?

Nah, not really I mean not so a you would know it!

Right. Party. What time does it start only I really need to wake up proper like so that I can enjoy it.

Or - have I done a Helena and gotten the wrong day?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I suppose it'll start when the tables collapse with the weight of food and booze on them!!!
Won't be long now, settle down on the recliner in front of the fire (coal on it tonight) and watch the news whilst you're waiting and have a plate of nibbles and a glass of what you fancy
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Helena, just heard that Brixham had wind of 97mph this afternoon and that the weather system has a wave on it and as soon as you think it has passed it comes back again Not nice.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Evening all,

I stagger in carrying a large platter of hot vegetable samosas which I've just made..... I've kept a few for my OH
as he loves them I didn't make any lamb ones today but the pea and potato ones are my favourite

The wind is still horrendous and I dread to think what trees on the estate will have come down ..... I haven't been out for hours now other than in the garden with the dogs for them to have a quick wee. The noise of the wind is incredible.

What a terrible shame Helena about that beautiful tree ... what a waste and of course a silent prayer for that wheelie bin of yours that has died You'll just have to lob your rubbish out of the window now I hope Dave is OK in his van
Girliebiker Wow those legs of Shayda's are soooo long and go right up to her armpits She's gorgeous and I'm sure she's grown since you've had her I'll go and take a look in the photo section in a mo.
June Stunning puppy photos again Do the pups come in at night now or are they out in their PP palace permanently .... I only wondered 'cos you said they were crying to come in

To everyone else, keep safe it is sooo wild outside. I've just been watching the news for the first time today .... blooming chaos out there.

My younger son (25) is going to be driving back from Cheltenham this evening ... not happy about it and I just pray he drives slowly ( ) I won't relax until he arrives safely.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Nippy I heard that too Don't go out It now looks like this atrocious weather is to last for 24 hours and then more of it on Boxing Day

A neighbour has just phoned and there are two trees down on the main straight through the middle of the estate. One is a pine and unfortunately they are much more susceptible to wind as their roots don't spread out like 'normal' trees and tend to ball.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 06:20 PM
They're only out from after their lunch until early tea time, you'd think they'd been abandoned, starving, wet and freezing to death wouldn't you!! No idea how they'd cope if that really happened to them, the noise would be horrendous. They're all fast asleep. Been out to give Mabs sardines, veg and bio yogurt and shut her in the mini palace so no one got it this time, handed out massive bones to everyone else, gave Mabs a largeish bone and then they all got a really big raw carrot, so thats them sorted.
They won't go out full time for a while yet, once they've come to terms with being out in the afternoon, then they'll go out after brekkie, then once they're used to that I'll leave them out later on till late tea time, then it'll be lunch and teas outside and come in at supper, then they'll be out at night at some point, but may not necessarily happen, I'll go with the flow.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Just back from the off licence am STOCKED!!bit early I know but the wine looks very inviting ...Cheers Guys
Hubby did mention something about Gale warnings as I was coming in the door,Bloomin heavy box so I wasn't really listening must check what he's on about
Page 7 of 24 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »