View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
That's great Claire. Does it mean you may now think of taking Daisy to activities you have avoided in the past?
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I am glad Daisy is OK and what a proud mum you must be when she let the man check her over. She is a very beautiful girl!

Am glad the retriever is OK as well and what a shock it must of been to see that happen. At least they are both OK and such a nice man for coming to help as well.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Thank goodness no real harm done and that man must have oozed confidence which I am sure dogs pick up. Daisy really is the most beautiful GSD
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
That's great Claire. Does it mean you may now think of taking Daisy to activities you have avoided in the past?
Well, I was surprised by her lack of stress when I took her to the Hylands Park show, so may well even put her in for something in future.
It is difficult to realise how far she has come. I still get apprehensive and then she is good as gold. I suppose I was expecting to always have a problem with her.
She now just doesn`t like blokes in fluorescent jackets.

and although she is the short-legged, long-backed type, and fluffy and blonde to boot (all the things that a `proper` GSD shouldn`t be ) I think she`s gorgeous.

Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
......why?
All breeds are capable of biting/aggression but I guess we all go by the dogs we meet regularly as to how we expect certain breeds to behave.

My work colleague had a Golden Retriever that had growled at him a few times (it had had a few homes before he ended up with it). When he came back from holiday it had been put to sleep as it had savaged the kennel maid and she had a row of stitches up her arm He was very concerend as he had a few young grandchildren so it could have been one of their faces scarred for life.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
ive seen alot of nasty retrievers. we get quite a few in work, its a shame, but its because they became so popular for the pet market that temperment started to change as people saw the ££ signs.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Well done Daisy, what a good good girl! I'm sure you already are, but you should be so so proud of her Youve worked wonders on her and it's moments like this that serve to remind us of how far they have come
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
You have done a marvelous job with her Claire and she is a real credit to all your hard work.
Well done Daisy.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:52 PM
How brilliant Claire. It is moments like that that make all the hard work, patience and perseverance worthwhile Well done to Daisy for being such a well behaved girlie and I bet the guy who was cooing over her was really smitten with your beautiful lass. Sorry to hear the retriever was being a bit of a pain in the butt, but then it sounds as though she got her comeuppance anyway!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Like you have said Claire, these things happen sometimes, I know you're aware of it but might be worth mentioning for others reading this that ears always bleed intensely and look far worse than reality.

From those photos we can all see what beautiful girl Daisy is and you've done a fab job with her.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >