Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 09:04 AM

Daisy had a fight.

I was on the sea wall chatting to a lady with 2 retrievers (dog and bitch) when Shamus wandered up and snogged the woman. The lady`s bitch leapt at him, furious and Shamus wandered off, offended.
Later, Daisy threw her Ballie to the lady, and as she bent to pick it up the retriever bitch flew in again and grabbed Daisy`s neck.
There was a short, sharp handbags-at-dawn confrontation with flashing teef and whirling heads. I hauled Daisy back by the blunt end, and a passing bloke grabbed the retriever.
No damage to Daisy, a bloody ear for the retriever.
Just one of those things, really. We`ll not let them get close to each other in future, and no harm done.
But... when I was checking over the Retriever for wounds, I turned and saw the bloke hunched over Daisy, carefully feeling round her neck for cuts and cooing happily to her while she stood and calmly surveyed the shell-shocked retriever.
Now, Daisy used to be human aggressive. I think I can safely say she isn`t any more.
I was so surprised to see her allow such close contact from strangers, especially after a spat.
What a good girl she is!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Wow, sounds like that good samaritan had a nice way with dogs Really glad to hear that Daisy was not injured. More pics please, your dogs are lovely
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Glad that no real harm was done to either dog. Well done both you and Daisy, for the progress she has made, that is wonderful!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Pleased to hear no real damage done & well done Daisy for letting that stranger handle you, that really is an achievement from being human aggressive in the past
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2011, 11:06 AM
'Every cloud' as they say Daisy has come a long way hasn't she and just look at that lovely ' I'm a good girl I am' expression
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Great achievement for Daisy letting some strange man take a good look over her, with her history, so you've done a grand job there Claire. Very strange behaviour for a retriever though but no doubt Daisy's said her piece and she might learn some manners now with her blood spattered ear! Nothing quite like a shepherd to put them in their place is there - in the nicest possible way of course, I'm sure she didn't mean to draw blood.

I'm just looking at dear Raz in the background there, coz I remember the time when he'd never want to get in on a photo shoot would he, but look at him there, and doesn't he look good!!!! Fantastic!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
aww these things happen,but wtg Daisy!!

dogs are a good judge of character this guy sounds nice
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great achievement for Daisy letting some strange man take a good look over her, with her history, so you've done a grand job there Claire. Very strange behaviour for a retriever though but no doubt Daisy's said her piece and she might learn some manners now with her blood spattered ear! Nothing quite like a shepherd to put them in their place is there - in the nicest possible way of course, I'm sure she didn't mean to draw blood.

I'm just looking at dear Raz in the background there, coz I remember the time when he'd never want to get in on a photo shoot would he, but look at him there, and doesn't he look good!!!! Fantastic!

......why?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
I have never in my life met a retriever that would have done that, they've all been as soft as butter with my dogs that's why! I've met the odd lab that has been grumpy but NEVER a retriever nor a flatcoat and we have loads around here. Are they known to be like this then?? That's a surprise to me!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
The owner was an elderly lady and was most upset. She said the dog had a habit of it. But I think most dogs back off.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >