Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
If you have probs sort them out or at least try to.

Dont just whinge about it.......................
And how REALISTICALLY should someone such as Snorri do this(I am now taking Snorri out of the equation as it is getting a bit personal IMO) All that you have suggested so far is ideal for someone who has the many treasured resources you have at your disposal either that are provided or that you and your OH have made possible

So someone who has worked hard and is in a similar position to Snorri .....as I asked at the beginning of this post what are the REALISTIC ways they can try to sort out the problems encountered by a disabled individual with no family or neighbours and no OH to rely on, who physically can not move the snow or walk (though I bet they wish they could) Who has to rely on others who may also be experiencing difficulties getting around, who may live on a fairly tight budget, who needs specially adapted accommodation just to be comfortable inside, and oh yeah who has chosen to live somewhere that means if there are problems on the roads on the mainland this can have a big impact of availability of items on the Island
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:08 AM
yes get to a hostel get sorted get a job................

I am out of here.

Sorry for having an opinion again!
"get sorted" such insight
should I be sorry for not agreeing with you I just think you see things with such simplicity I don't think you get that some people don't have the options you propose as viable, yet you lack the understanding of that and that comes across as very blasé and rude.
I think if you want your opinion be prepared for others not to agree, and not take offence at everyone not thinking as you do.
Coz I too have my opinion and am not offended by yours. I know I strongly disagree with your opinion simple as that.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
And how REALISTICALLY should someone such as Snorri do this(I am now taking Snorri out of the equation as it is getting a bit personal IMO) All that you have suggested so far is ideal for someone who has the many treasured resources you have at your disposal either that are provided or that you and your OH have made possible

So someone who has worked hard and is in a similar position to Snorri .....as I asked at the beginning of this post what are the REALISTIC ways they can try to sort out the problems encountered by a disabled individual with no family or neighbours and no OH to rely on, who physically can not move the snow or walk (though I bet they wish they could) Who has to rely on others who may also be experiencing difficulties getting around, who may live on a fairly tight budget, who needs specially adapted accommodation just to be comfortable inside, and oh yeah who has chosen to live somewhere that means if there are problems on the roads on the mainland this can have a big impact of availability of items on the Island
It says in his profile he is in a long term relationship??
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:10 AM
I am flabbergasted.....Jols if you knew the history behind Snorri's present predicament then you I think you would be writing completely different posts......

Sometimes you need to know the bigger picture.

However even without that knowledge you show little compassion for someone who is incredibly vulnerable and is actually looking for some support and contact.

Do you really think he is going to act on any of your suggestions? No, because he is unable to......

I hope you never find yourself in circumstances similar to his....
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:11 AM
This thread is getting way too personal for my liking
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I do not know any of Snorris story.............but when you write something on the internet expect a reply.

We have had a thread on this before.....people sharing life probs

How can I be expected to know everyones life story.

If this is the case I should not reply to any thread cause there maybe something that happened in 1987 that I dont know about.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
This thread is getting way too personal for my liking
It was op choice to air his personal thoughts.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:18 AM
It says in his profile he is in a long term relationship??
Just because you are in a long term relationship does not mean that you have support from someone. You probably won't care to look but if you do there are some posts on the circumstances Snorri finds himself in with regards his relationship.

Yes it does say that, It is not for me to comment on that however would your view change if he was not in a long term relationship? I ask that question as I said at the beginning of my post about realistic options that I was taking Snorri out of the equation as it was getting personal. And I asked the question about how would someone realistically try to overcome problems if they were in a certain situation and then listed the conditions that i was applying to the circumstances of an anonymous person
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:20 AM
moving home would be the first thing.

but as said above I cannot comment any further because I dont know anybodies story.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:22 AM
moving home would be the first thing.

but as said above I cannot comment any further because I dont know anybodies story.
again still not getting that it is NOT always an option for people to just up and move
Page 7 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »