Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Britains most wanted man

Has anyone else been following the search for the gunman, Raoul Moat, in Northumberland on the news?

It is a bit concerning that it is now day 7 and no one has seen him at all.

Do you feel the police are doing all they can? What about the view that the police are going overboard, with all the armed officers (and not forgetting the dog handlers and their dogs) from around the country/armoured vehicles being drafted in from N Ireland etc?

Personally, and knowing the kind of terrain they are facing, I believe the police have a really, really difficult job ahead of them - especially if the gunman is receiving help and knows the area well.

I just hope he is found and apprehended before anyone else is hurt or killed.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I live in Blyth, Northunmberland, where one of the assailants is from! I know the terrain around where Mr Moat is hiding, it is going to be hard work for them to find him. He can access the Cheviot Hills as well as the Northumberland National Park.
I do believe that he is getting a large amount of help from somebody, otherwise he would have been apprehended long before now.
Ipersonally know a member of the Northumbria Firearms team, and feel very sorry for the worry and suffering that her young daughters are going through, wondering if mam will come home tonight
welshgit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry if this upsets folk but I personally think it's a load of bollox and we will never know the full story.

If we wanted to in the 1st place that is.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I think that the police are probably doing more than they are saying publicly - they can't say everything can they as it could help the man!
Well that's what I hope anyway!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Scary man - hope they catch him soon!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I've been following it with great interest, especially the Sky News reports each afternoon when they're up there live.

I'm a bit mystified as to why we haven't sent in our SAS, assuming we still have them, or are they all out in Afghanistan I wonder??? Draft them back here, we need them!!!!

From what I'm hearing, it seems to me, the police are always far too behind in chasing up the enquiries. The holiday cottage, they didn't go there straight away, it took them until the next day and he HAD been there The car, another day late A few more which I can't remember, why does it take them so long with all those officers about, they should be investigating any suspiscious activities reported in immediately imo. If it wasn't for joe public I don't think they'd stand a chance, but then that's what two officers told me face to face about one of my enquiries the other week when I had them standing in my living room

I know a lot goes on behind the scenes, but for God's sake we are all here to help what the heck can be so classified that they can't let us in on it, we're here to help, and I doubt whether Moat is sitting watching Sky news somehow!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
My line manager went to school with him.......

Nuff said, really.....
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Northumberland is a huge County, with masses of wild areas and the guy could go to ground anywhere in the country for that matter. I am not surprised it`s taking this long at all.
I hope it is resolved soon.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
i feel for the police. The guy could hide out anywhere with that terrain and personally i think one of his ex's is helping him. She was interviewed the other day and she was stood on her door step boasting and grinning about how he knew all the hidey holes in the area and had a lot of friends. She seemed so smug and pleased with her self it made me sick!

The guy has admitted he has no insight into his current mental state and has stated that his head is messed up, that couplled with extreme violence and his hatred of the police and now spreading his threat to the wider public..the guy wont stop till he is killed. he wont be taken alive. I can just see it ending horribly.

Alex
xx
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Now he has killed someone he probably feels he has nothing more to lose. And if he is still using steroids they may be fuelling his rage.

The police are now saying it may take months to find him. I think they have drafted the extra people there in an attempt to prevent an outcome like the one in Cumbria.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »