Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:14 PM

Dog Gym

What do people think of the idea of a large indoor facility, close(ish) to a town with agility equipment, walking and running tracks, maybe a drop and shop short time dog day care facility, hydrotherapy, treadmills, private fenced offlead fun areas, flyball runs etc... all working on a similar system to a human gym... You get a trainer show you how to use the equipment then you have a yearly membership and can come in and use the equipment whenever you like and whenever it's free...

Some training sessions, personal trainer puppy parties etc all offered for a fee... booking of the hall and facilities available for private parties, trainers etc...

Is it something you might be interested in? How much would you pay?

Imagine it looking something like this: (picture from an American day care)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:18 PM
It looks very interesting.

There was a dog gym opened up where I live but they just did grooming, hydro and treadmill, nothing as extravagant as you suggested. I used the hydro every week and the treadmill on occasion so I would deffo go for something like that.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:51 PM
like the above, something as extravagant as that would be lost on me, but a groomers with maybe some onsite daycare and a trainer would be awesome.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:57 PM
If I need 'daycare' I take Bella to her boarding kennels where she knows them and is happy. I've only done it a couple of times when we were venturing out to spend a whole day on a beach a bit far out from me.

But if I was just going to go shopping or whatever I know my dog would be happier just left in her own home until I get back.

I suppose the 'exercise' aspect of it would be a good idea for dogowners who are not mobile enough to walk or exercise their dogs themselves.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I'd love indoor agility! Enzo and I only do it for fun and neither of us enjoy training outside this time of year.

I think you'd have to be very careful about fun areas as trouble quickly kicks off in groups of dogs.

Like the other ideas but I really have no idea about pricing, guess it partly depends on where you are in the UK.

J.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Don't think I'd bother with a yearly membership but would definitely pay for one off visits.