View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 12:51 PM
It certainly is a worry if someone looks and feels it is ok - shakes head in disbelief!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
I agree with what everyone else has said, they are beyond thin, they're skinny. I'm glad to hear they no longer look like this now Do you have any pics of them now, I'd love to see them.
Not on my pc I'm afraid have asked the person to email me some for up loading to photobucket
tina33
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2007, 12:55 PM
What beautiful dogs.
I dont understand how 'breeders' can believe the dogs are healthy when they look so thin, clearly they breed for the financial gain.
Thank goodness for people like you who have taken these beauties on, good luck and keep up the good work.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:08 PM

Kain can look skinny like that when hes eating, they are probably not good photos for a fair judgement, they do look on the thin side though esecially for huskies.
Tried to find a skinny one of Kain.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Well their coats look in good condition but far too much rib showing for my liking and i LIKE my dogs slim/athletic! Definitely too skinny for me.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Kain looks nice and healthy and a good weight - i like that shadow/hint of ribs but not very clearly defined as in the original post.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Emaciated I would say, poor things. Glad they have new homes.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Kain looks normal and healthy to me

When I took these two to my vet the vet wasn't at all happy, firstly they were underweight, both under 17kilos, they were malnourished and had sever muscle wastage particularly in the hind quarters.

My vet was livid as one of them had been to the ex-owners vet 2 weeks prior for its puppy injections, at 11 months old and the fact that it was in this condition didn't cause their vet any cause for concern was reported to the RSPCA.

Both dogs had kc papers and one of the dogs was of the ex-owners breeding, he had never been sold.

The ex-owners are still breeding to this day as far as is aware.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks Kristina, but do you know what I mean depending on how fast they go at they're food they tend to pull the belly in, not the best skinny shot of Kain I know, he weighs about 38 kilos.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Kain looks normal and healthy to me

When I took these two to my vet the vet wasn't at all happy, firstly they were underweight, both under 17kilos, they were malnourished and had sever muscle wastage particularly in the hind quarters.

My vet was livid as one of them had been to the ex-owners vet 2 weeks prior for its puppy injections, at 11 months old and the fact that it was in this condition didn't cause their vet any cause for concern was reported to the RSPCA.

Both dogs had kc papers and one of the dogs was of the ex-owners breeding, he had never been sold.

The ex-owners are still breeding to this day as far as is aware.
My god a big dog like that under 17 kilos what a shame my wee Shar Pei had plumited to 15 Kilo and she looked real bad at that...glad the dogs are being cared for properly now.
Thanks Zuba, Kain is a big healthy boy !
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >