Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Oh so nobody fancies the used nappy idea then? Not worth trying to market then ...?

Just playing.
Saturn was very fond of his own poo as a small pup...lovely!!!! Perhaps there may be something in the poo thing????

(Before anyone suggests dietary inadequacies..it wasn't, he's a flattie and they are totally renowned for eating their own faeces when young... :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 )
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 12:56 PM
lol. i think they treat the astronauts better than that! I used to use the anaolgy 'would you feed your child pot-noodle everyday' Of course it has to be the same flavour
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
maybe you won't see it's broke until later on, like people riding with tree'd saddles they don't get reg. checked!
Sorry getting off topic...

Please pm me the brand Alisa, if your dogs do well on it, people are always asking me what i recommend. I am sure with your knowledge you are choosing one without derivitaves and all the rest of the stuff one 'needs' to know (it's a headache innit!). Out of interest, do the guide dogs let you feed what you like, or do they recommend something?

I am open to new stuff all the time, and I don't mind if i am getting it wrong and have to change in future. What i do mind, as you are all prob aware now, said it so many times(!) is people not doing their homework and just following everyone else! We are acting on behalf of our dogs and if there is one thing we all probably agree on, it's to do the d.a.m.n. best we can for them.

p.s. I don't use the word 'BARF' when speaking about what i feed... that's a type of diet program like 'atkins' or something! I used the words raw or natural.
Sorry Jess, it's not for me to discuss the feeding i do with the pups on an internet forum. I'm discussing my own guys.
Nope, not telling you the brand, as I say, what would work for mine, may not work for anyone you suggest it to. Sorry.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
It may be that your dogs wold have improved on a different kibble...there are so many out there, some specifically designed for sensitive tummys..and for adding weight etc...but you tried raw and it worked. Fantastic. Brill for you and brill for your dogs.
My lot have 2 small poos a day...not particularly smelly...no more than most dog poo...
All dogs are different all people are different...there is no 'right' way here...just informed choices..that's what we've all done. That's all anyone can ask...
Sure I've never said anything other than we are all different. But believe me when I say I tried as much different types of kibble as I could without risking upsetting them any further with all the swapping.

I tried all the sensitive brands and all they seemed to do was make them worse tbh...lol

My dogs are akward (like me...lol)

Coming from northern breeds they probably don't suit all the rice, wheat and corn and fillers etc that some dogs are ok on.

We are told to feed chicken and rice to our dogs if they have had a sick stomach as a general rule, well with mine the rice only ever made them worse.

I tried Nutro, Wafcol, Arden Grange, Fromm, Autarky...etc etc I suppose I could have gone the vet prescribed special kibble route where they charge 40 or 50 quid or more for a 15kg bag but I didn't see the point, certainly food wise and pocket wise so I went it alone

*yay* brill

Saying that even if they had no prob on kibble I would still look at ingrediants and know that they were far from ideal, not sure if I would have stuck with it or not.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
lol. i think they treat the astronauts better than that! I used to use the anaolgy 'would you feed your child pot-noodle everyday' Of course it has to be the same flavour
pot noodles are made from soya meat though aren't they?

There seems to be a lot of snobbery about feeding a 'raw' diet.

My son eats apple every day, he drinks milk every day, he eats, grapes every day, he eats wholemeal bread every day...he likes them...doens't make it bad for him though does it???? As long as his diet is blanaced and his is fit and well.

If my dogs will not show they are 'broken' until later...well...when...they are 9 and a half and 10 and a half and act and look considerably younger (particulalryl the Biffters)....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Sure I've never said anything other than we are all different. But believe me when I say I tried as much different types of kibble as I could without risking upsetting them any further with all the swapping.

I tried all the sensitive brands and all they seemed to do was make them worse tbh...lol

My dogs are akward (like me...lol)

Coming from northern breeds they probably don't suit all the rice, wheat and corn and fillers etc that some dogs are ok on.

We are told to feed chicken and rice to our dogs if they have had a sick stomach as a general rule, well with mine the rice only ever made them worse.

I tried Nutro, Wafcol, Arden Grange, Fromm, Autarky...etc etc I suppose I could have gone the vet prescribed special kibble route where they charge 40 or 50 quid or more for a 15kg bag but I didn't see the point, certainly food wise and pocket wise so I went it alone

*yay* brill

Saying that even if they had no prob on kibble I would still look at ingrediants and know that they were far from ideal, not sure if I would have stuck with it or not.
Perhaps that's another factor you've hit on there mys and Pod mentioned (was it on this thread or the other one?) about where the dogs are from? I have a BC and a BC cross...perhaps used to an entirely different diet in the past than Northern breeds...a very interesting point there!

(I love debating with you Mys...it's always interesting and fun to boot! )
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Saturn was very fond of his own poo as a small pup...lovely!!!! Perhaps there may be something in the poo thing????

(Before anyone suggests dietary inadequacies..it wasn't, he's a flattie and they are totally renowned for eating their own faeces when young... :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 )
Many would say that it is because they are giving it a second 'go' because there is still alot of it undigested.

My lad always turned round to eat his as soon as he did it (nasty!) and I'm gonna be real irritating hear and actually say that this stopped in conjunction with feeding raw @me heck probably coincidence but still I was glad he quit doing that. They were also terrible for scopping up horse **** and the like and have both never done that either since switching them. Maybe they grew out of it maybe they are more satisfied on their diet, who knows.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Perhaps that's another factor you've hit on there mys and Pod mentioned (was it on this thread or the other one?) about where the dogs are from? I have a BC and a BC cross...perhaps used to an entirely different diet in the past than Northern breeds...a very interesting point there! )
Definitely something in that I reckon.

(I love debating with you Mys...it's always interesting and fun to boot! )
Aww thank you
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Many would say that it is because they are giving it a second 'go' because there is still alot of it undigested.

My lad always turned round to eat his as soon as he did it (nasty!) and I'm gonna be real irritating hear and actually say that this stopped in conjunction with feeding raw @me heck probably coincidence but still I was glad he quit doing that. They were also terrible for scopping up horse **** and the like and have both never done that either since switching them. Maybe they grew out of it maybe they are more satisfied on their diet, who knows.
ahhhhhh...but saturn is the pup we're walking and ya don't know what I'm feeding him!!!! I'm not talking about him in this, I'm talking about my boys!!!! :smt002

I also knew people would jump on that...honest, hand on heart...flatties are reknowned for eating poop...they're lurvely!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Definitely something in that I reckon.

Aww thank you
You're welcome...wouldn't sya it if I didn't mean it...it's always good natured and interesting. I enjoy it!
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »