View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 02:52 PM
yup read it, it makes me feel very ill...all over again!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
I would like to see people discussing the article in the very first post It's sort of become I fed my dogs this and I think it's great because...I haven't seen anyone refer to the actual article as yet? Are people clicking on the link at all? Or is this thread now only where we come to justify our feeding habbits? :smt016
Hi Mys you must have missed my post then because I did mention the article which I have read before
http://www.dogsey.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=114

We have seen many articles on here about every possible food, if I search I can produce some about the evils of feeding BARF, cross contamination/bone injuries etc (and no I don't think a dog licking us after eating rubbish equates with the food we put in our mouths and swallow being contaminated with ecoli etc from contaminated raw dog meat).

I am sure most of us are aware of the chemicals in pet foods and have frequently discusses on here the makes of kibble that contains the least amount of additives.

I thing what has annoyed many people is the attitude that they arn't aware there are chemicals in kibble, or that they are 'confused 'as one person put it. I am sure most people are well aware of the contents of kibble but take the view every method of feeding has its drawbacks.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Mini when I said 'confused' I wasn't referring to the content of kibble, I was referring to people be given contradicting advice about kibble, which can be confusing and then becoming confused about the whole feeding issue, and the reason I posted the thread in the first place.

I'm not sure why you are mentioned the dangers of BARF as this thread has nothing to do with BARF, it's about kibble. It's not a BARF v Kibble thread, which is what others have made it. It was merely to help those that would not have known where to find such information.

I wasn't aware that being helpful was a crime on this forum !

The comment made about leaving people to do their own research, ask their own questions and find out for themselves, I took, rightly or wrongly, as being told to mind my own business, so I am.

If anyone does want the link I mentioned, please PM me, as others already have, I'll be happy to send it to you.
Meg
Supervisor

23-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Malady firstly going back to your original post, I find it rather misleading .Why? the article is America and contains many American Multinational dog foods, many of our members feed British manufactured foods, where is Burns, Arden Grange, Fish4dogs and all the other British companies in this article ? Not all of these companies produce foods full of chemicals .
Your post says 'Things you should know' which rather assumes people don't know or haven't bothered to find out what is in the food they feed ...

Originally Posted by Malady
Kibble Facts ! Things you should know Just thought you may be interested to know how many chemicals there are in so called premium dry dog foods !
http://www.api4animals.org/facts?p=359&more=1ca t=286

Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Mini when I said 'confused' I wasn't referring to the content of kibble, I was referring to people be given contradicting advice about kibble, which can be confusing and then becoming confused about the whole feeding issue, and the reason I posted the thread in the first place.
I'm not sure why you are mentioned the dangers of BARF as this thread has nothing to do with BARF, it's about kibble. It's not a BARF v Kibble thread, which is what others have made it. It was merely to help those that would not have known where to find such information.
Who is confused? Who has given contradictory advice? The only confusion to me here is assuming everyone feeds food made by the multinationals. I would not feed food from these people but there are companies I would buy food from.
I mentioned the dangers of Barf in passing to illustrate all foods carry a risk and we can all draw attention to this .
The comment made about leaving people to do their own research, ask their own questions and find out for themselves, I took, rightly or wrongly, as being told to mind my own business, so I am.
I don't recall saying any of the last quote
Just because people feed kibble does not mean they have failed to research their dogs food, most of the kibble questions on here (and there are pages of them) are about finding the best food and asking for recommendations.

We are all interested in reading and learning as much as we can,there are ways of presenting things that don't make people feel they have failed to find out about the food they feed.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 10:26 PM
As my last word on this subject. I didn't say you were the one that quoted all of my last post !

I also didn't say that people hadn't bothered, in fact I DID say that sometimes people are unaware of what is in their dog food and don't know how to find this information.

I named it things you should know, as I think this is true, just as a documentary on TV about the dangers of eating a certain food would probably be titled to make people aware, not deem everyone stupid !

I also didn't say everyone on here is given contradictory advice from Dogsey members. I said it as a general comment as I often meet many people who hear all sorts from all kinds of sources, and yes most are confused about which path to take.

So far you seem to have just gone back into each of my posts and picked at things I have said and twisted them to sound like I am at fault for something.

Whether or not the site is American or not is irrelevant. Many manufactureres stick to the same ingredients and gives people an idea of what to expect in their kibble. If you don't feed the kibbles from the manufacturers mentioned, then you don't have a problem and have no need to worry, therefore having no need to fight your corner.

As I said before I also had a link highlighting the dangers of both Kibble and BARF, so as this thread has nothing at all to do with BARF, why did you feel the need to draw attention to it ? THAT makes no sense. I won't post that link, as I said, just in case it "makes people feel they have failed to find out about the food they feed" (your quote, not mine.
It seems like you are just looking for an argument in finding something to pick fault with.

I POSTED THE THREAD FOR INFORMATION ONLY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES OF KIBBLE FOR YOUR OWN INFORMATION, AS I ALREADY KNOW, MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR IT. NO, THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU STUPID OR MAKE YOU A FAILURE.

I Won't keep repeating myself Mini. I have done nothing wrong, but post an informational link for those that might be interested.

Based on your own analogy, I guess we should assume that everytime someone posts a link for something, that person too is insensitive for assuming that we have not researched that issue ourselves.

I won't be posting any further information links as I said.
Meg
Supervisor

23-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
As my last word on this subject. I didn't say you were the one that quoted all of my last post !
I also didn't say that people hadn't bothered, in fact I DID say that sometimes people are unaware of what is in their dog food and don't know how to find this information.
Malady when you are replying to someone and quote comments in the way you do one assumes you are attributing the comments to the person to whom you are speaking, you did the same thing to me earlier.

Although you did not say people 'hadn't bothered to research the food they feed to their dogs' it was implied. All I can suggest is that you read back through your posts and see why some people have been a little put off by their tone.

If you wish to post another article , thank you I will look forward to reading it if I have not done so already.
If you chose not to post it, that is your choice ....
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Mini I implied absolutely nothing at all, and resent the fact this comment. Now I am the one being attacked in this thread, when all I did was post a link. YOU have all implied that I was implying that statement, when that particular thought had not entered my head...........oh hang on, yes I thought..............."I better post this link as everyone on this forum are morons and don't know how to feed their dogs" HOW BLOODY RIDICULOUS !!!!!!

Had Ailsa originally not questioned what I in fact ate myself (which was completely unecessary and defensive) I had no intention of getting into an argument over this.

When I am attacked, I retaliate, as anyone would.

I have been attacked and my posts torn to shreds numerous times since I've joined, and people are too quick to pick at the odd word, and then state that I have implied other things and twisted my words. If I want to say something I will, I have no need to say one thing and imply another. If this forum has moderators of this mentality I will no longer be posting.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Read "Foods Pets Die For" by Ann N. Martin for all the gruesome details.
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16