View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for replying, Eileen (just realized that's your name). Everyone says they adjust, but would hate it to come to that after all she's been through. No-one ever said that the op was a cure-all, but am just depressed that it seems to have more possible complications than I was aware of. (Shouldn't moan considering all the horrible things people write about here that their dogs go through - expect lots would gladly swap with Katie's problems).

The surgeon keeps saying what an exceptional dog she is and that all the vet nurses have fallen in love with her, so hopefully she'll get lots of fuss & attention. Meanwhile, I'm going to take a couple of sleeping tablets or I'll be awake all night worrying about her (am expecting the men in white coats to cart me off very soon!)
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Believe me I know how you feel and you're not moaning,its a huge thing.Course they'll spoil her and she'll be well taken care of.Be so happy to see you no doubt Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep,be thinking of you(( hugs))
hughdunit
New Member!
Male 

08-05-2014, 02:41 AM
Beyond Natural repair...
Taking our girl to surgery today.. Vet said the Ulcer is too deep.
fingers crossed..
thx for the well wishes
[IMG][/IMG]
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the update on your dog hugh. I was looking for it.

My thoughts today are with both you and the OP. And it's perfectly natural rita to be beside yourself about your dog. We don't make ourselves feel better by imagining all the worse things it could be. We naturally hope for the best outcome all the time.

Really hope both your lovely dogs will be OK soon and all the worrying about what they might and might not be able to do is over.

I'm glad you've had lovely Lacey's first hand experience to help.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Ah thanks Tang
HUGH,not sure if its Sandy or Elvis,but fingers crossed,good luck at the vets(( hugs))
Thinking of Katie too Rita,Hope the news is good today xx
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes. Am pleased to say Katie's left eye now runs when she eats. Only saw the vet nurse on Thursday, so will find out more on Monday at next check-up. She's currently has drops (antibiotics, etc.) 12 times a day, tablets twice a day & Metacam, as well as food about every hour & half - which is why it's taken me 2 days to find the time to update here!

As I think I said earlier, she'll have to have something to alter the PH balance of her saliva & make it less alkaline. Of course, anyone normal would have left it at that, but I had to go searching on internet & found that alkaline is healthy & acidic can cause stones & all sorts of problems. Ignorance is bliss sometimes! Will ask on Monday, but seems it's something she'll have to have whatever other problems it may cause.

Has to take it easy & keep collar on for at least another 2 weeks - and no breed is more easily bored than a collie! She just can't understand why I won't play & is pretty depressed, so will be a relief when she can run around again.

I'll ask about the honey on Monday - sounds promising
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Good luck. I don't envy you having to keep her quiet and quite still!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the update Rita,been thinking if you Pity about the cone,its a pain I know but neccessary All those meds,I don't envy you that but hopefully it'll all be worth it Fingers crossed Katie continues to recover well xx
hughdunit
New Member!
Male 

11-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Great news Rita,
Keep us posted.
hugs
----
Sandy has come out of surgery and so far Surgeon is extremely happy with the result.

I will create a new thread for Ulcers tomorrow so peeps can see the progress, start to finish.

thx for the support
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Great to hear Sandy is doing well Hugh
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »