View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Aw pants, it seems so unfair that poor little (big) Dillon has to go through this and especially after taking so much care to avoid any damage this has happened. Hope all goes well for your boy bless him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
My Mothers rott pup hurt (sprained) a ligament in its front leg which caused it to limp. She went to the vet and they prescribed Seraquin, which is a joint supplement for dogs/cats, it contains Turmeric extract which can help repair damaged ligaments. An 8 week course of Seraquin seemed to do the trick, as the pup limped no more.
Thats interesting and I am hoping this is what Dillon has done. I have also read turmeric is good for these things and a lot of raw feeders put it in their dogs diet. Thank you for jogging my memory I will be researching that for Dillons diet later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Aw pants, it seems so unfair that poor little (big) Dillon has to go through this and especially after taking so much care to avoid any damage this has happened. Hope all goes well for your boy bless him.
Thank you.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh Lynn I've not been on this week and missed this completely. Here's hoping it's nothing too serious for the big guy, but if it is the worst he'll be in the best place sending you all lots of hugs xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Oh Lynn I've not been on this week and missed this completely. Here's hoping it's nothing too serious for the big guy, but if it is the worst he'll be in the best place sending you all lots of hugs xx
Thank you he seems to be doing ok for now wish the vets would ring though with the appoitment so we can get it sorted.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you he seems to be doing ok for now wish the vets would ring though with the appoitment so we can get it sorted.
Perhaps give them a ring in case they have been busy and overlooked it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Perhaps give them a ring in case they have been busy and overlooked it.
Did think about that this moring but Gorden said I am sure if Anita has heard she would of called. Vet now closed and I am wondering if the RVC may call anyway. So still a possiblilty if they are calling for today. If I have not heard lunchtime Monday I will give the vets a call.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
It will be in the post in the next few days for end of this month beginning of next month. They did say to Anita they know us well there and if we feel it becomes an emergency we are to take him in as an emergency. At the moment he can only be seen as a routine appointment.

I mentioned to Anita what his breeder had said about possible dislocation to the toe and that may be causing him to walk awkwardly and play on the knee joint. She was interested in that theory and says she will be interested to know what the outcome is as she feels he is very young to have a cruciate problem. But those were the symptoms he was presenting but we will not know till the outcome of the referral and further investigation.

I have just been and picked up enough antiflamms to last him till the RVC visit .
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Ohh, so it might not be cruciate after all and it could be his toe giving him gyp? Well, that sounds like good news? I do hope so if that's the case.

Huge best wishes, lots of fingers and toes crossed here for you Lynn xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Ohh, so it might not be cruciate after all and it could be his toe giving him gyp? Well, that sounds like good news? I do hope so if that's the case.

Huge best wishes, lots of fingers and toes crossed here for you Lynn xxx
Thank you.
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »