View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Oh dear, what sort of op is he going to have?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh nooooooooooo, I can't believe it Lynn, when you've been so ultra, ultra careful with this new boy, it's just not fair is it. Do they absolutely KNOW this without an x-ray then? Let's hope she's wrong and when he gets to the RVC it might be a better story. So sorry Lynn, you must be very upset xxxxx
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh no! Sorry to hear that
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh nooooooooooooooo............lots of rude words Lynn. I am so sorry to read this, especially as I have just told my friend (you know, the one with the bears, and who is getting another one that will be related to yours) that your chap was coming along so very well.

Actually, she too has just been through what you are about to do as her young bitch ruptured her cruciate a few months ago; it is now fully healed and the dog is happy and bouncy, but all ball games are forbidden from now on. I know that she will be full of sympathy for you.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Its his cruciate and he will need an op.

Anita the vet manipulated the knee joint he was very good and then checked the other one to make sure it wasn't still because of him growing and the other knee is nice and tight. So he is being booked in at the RVC at Potters Bar and we are more than happy for him to go there as soon as possible if they are happy to operate on him as he is so young. I am sure they will. Anita wants it done as she says it may well help stop the onset of early arthritis him being a large breed.

He is on a short course of Rymadil

Will be ringing the insurance company tomorrow to warn them.

On a good note he wasn't sick. Loads of drool and he didn't have his Cerenia this evening.
Oh no poor thing

How bad is it? Do they think it's worth strict rest? (As they can sometimes heal themselves - unless it's snapped).

Check out Brundogs thread about Bruno as there's some good info in there as well.

Big *hug*
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh heavens, Lynn, I just don't know what to say. You have been so very, very careful with Dillon - it's just so unfair
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Oh dear, what sort of op is he going to have?
Not sure yet SB the vet was going to get in touch with the RVC and speak to them and they will x-ray more than likely before operating then decide from there.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh nooooooooooo, I can't believe it Lynn, when you've been so ultra, ultra careful with this new boy, it's just not fair is it. Do they absolutely KNOW this without an x-ray then? Let's hope she's wrong and when he gets to the RVC it might be a better story. So sorry Lynn, you must be very upset xxxxx
Anita could tell by manipulation Helena and by checking the other knee as soon as she saw him she guessed thats what it was. I am hoping when they x-ray him at the vet school it will be the TPLO is it which isn't so invasive ?

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Oh no! Sorry to hear that
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh nooooooooooooooo............lots of rude words Lynn. I am so sorry to read this, especially as I have just told my friend (you know, the one with the bears, and who is getting another one that will be related to yours) that your chap was coming along so very well.

Actually, she too has just been through what you are about to do as her young bitch ruptured her cruciate a few months ago; it is now fully healed and the dog is happy and bouncy, but all ball games are forbidden from now on. I know that she will be full of sympathy for you.
Tell her not to worry they are not prone problems this is just unfortunate and me taking my eye off the ball. I could kick myself. Gorden says it sounds like it was prone to go at some time if it has gone now so to stop torturing myself.

That news has cheered me up about her young bitch.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2012, 05:59 PM
sorry to hear about dillon. hope he recovers quickly from his operation.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I posted early but its not showing now?//

Sorry to hear your news...
How old is he now ??
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Oh no poor thing

How bad is it? Do they think it's worth strict rest? (As they can sometimes heal themselves - unless it's snapped).

Check out Brundogs thread about Bruno as there's some good info in there as well.

Big *hug*
I did ask about the rest Azz and she said no he is a large breed and it will mean he will over compensate on the other leg and then that might go too and the arthritis factor came into the conversation she is hoping doing it now may well save him from that well until he is a lot older

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Oh heavens, Lynn, I just don't know what to say. You have been so very, very careful with Dillon - it's just so unfair
I know sometimes I htink maybe I am too careful if I beat him and left him to his own devices I could understand it.

Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
sorry to hear about dillon. hope he recovers quickly from his operation.
Thank you.
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »