Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Mi-Ki - anyone heard of this breed? :/

Stumbled accross a website today, Little Mi-Kis, and was a bit shocked about it - I don't know if I'm allowed to link it, but it's for a 'breed' called a Mi-Ki - which seems to basically be another designer mongrel - but the wording of the website is mind blowing! Such as because they have 'hair' not 'fur' they are suitable for people with allergies!

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this breed? They seem to have been around a while, but this is the first I'd heard of them.

xx
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
Stumbled accross a website today, Little Mi-Kis, and was a bit shocked about it - I don't know if I'm allowed to link it, but it's for a 'breed' called a Mi-Ki - which seems to basically be another designer mongrel - but the wording of the website is mind blowing! Such as because they have 'hair' not 'fur' they are suitable for people with allergies!

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this breed? They seem to have been around a while, but this is the first I'd heard of them.

xx
I had never heard of a breed called Mi Ki, so I quickly googled it. Apparently it is a USA invention again - a mix which includes paps. chins, maltese, shih tzu and yorkie. The blurb states it is "a new Made in the USA pure breed" and was created in the 1980's. Make of that what you will
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, a few things bothered me, and I've looked at a couple of breeder's sites, most of which state a long list of services they can provide, like DNA profiling, courier service, up to 3 gen pedigree (pfft!) many of the dogs being champions... health guarantees etc... :/ it's all a bit.... I dunno, suspect!

xx