Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Everybody please meet...........Jess

Hi all, this is Jess our rescue cat from Cats Protection, she is 6 years old and we have had her just over a week, she has settled in great, very confident and will put Monty in his place - even if he hasn't done anything!

As you can see she is fairly overweight, she is on a diet so hopefully will be losing weight soon (I don't know how her previous owners let her get so big! )

Sweet Face!

BIG Belly!

We cats like to be clean!

Have a nose out the window!

Sometimes we may even play!

And then there are the times when we like to share the sofa with a certain Beagle!

Hope you like! I am really pleased with her, and I actually LOVE her more than I ever thought I would! - I have always been a dog person, but after having her I can see myself always owning a cat!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Aww Jess is gorgeous. I love her. Black and white cats are a favourite of mine Do you know why she was in rescue? And do you know what she weighs? I have a black and white cat called Jess too!! think maybe it's a bit of a postman pat thing.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Gorgeous!!!!
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Aww Jess is gorgeous. I love her. Black and white cats are a favourite of mine Do you know why she was in rescue? And do you know what she weighs? I have a black and white cat called Jess too!! think maybe it's a bit of a postman pat thing.
Yes I reckon it is a postman pat thing for sure!

Her previous owners have a soon who has Leaukima (sp?) and I don't think they could spend any time with the Cats (there were 2, but she beat him up 4 food, which is weird because she is 5.8kgs and he is 9.6kgs although he is also a big cat - not just overweight) I think they had to go away for a couple of days at a time and just left mounds of food down - there was then the competition between the 2 cats, Cats Protection wanted her to go to a home without a cat, she likes Monty though which is good!

They have said she should be around 4.5kgs so she has a fair bit to lose!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Doesn't look at home at all (G)!

She is lovely.

rune
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 10:36 PM
How wonderful, she is GORGEOUS

We're proud owners of 5 cats....

Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2010, 10:02 AM
She's lovely! We used to have cats but Cheeko isn't cat friendly so we never did get them again. One looked like Jess actually. Some of their kittens are still around. Must be about 15 now!

I like the bedding too. If it was purple instead of pink would match my room rather well
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 12:13 PM
She's a beauty and I'm sure that she will be all svelte and gorgeous before too long! Incredible that she is so relaxed around Monty in such a short space of time too!