Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Locked pending admin review.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I have abided by what Azz asked, I have only posted what has been posted on here. I want answers as do others, I have not been abusive or bullying. I have simply asked Laura for an explanation. what else can I do Mini?

If, and I say if Laura can prove without a shadow of doubt why she said one thing and then said something totally different to me then fair play, but come on, people are concerned for those dogs and rightly so...give us all a break here

x
Yes, you have done something that can be construed as 'bullying' as you started a thread creating a fuss and drawing unnecessary attention to it; You didn't raise concern appropriately or in the manner we deem acceptable or proportionate. (I'm talking about the thread you started that was promptly deleted by our mods. And that by doing that, you blew your chances of taking part in a thread where it could be tackled amicably - because everything has now gone sour down to your and other people's previous actions.)

Who are you? Who do you think you are? Nobody has to answer to you (or anyone else for that matter). You don't have a right to answers any more than the next person. I'm sorry if that truth hurts - but you need to realise that. You're not the law - just a normal citizen like the rest of us, and if someone doesn't want to answer you, or talk to you, that's their prerogative.

All you can do is raise the topic in a thread where it has actually happened and in a manner that is amiable while giving the person the benefit of the doubt i.e. not accusing them of wrong-doing, just merely presenting the posts and asking them to clarify which version actually happened. If the OP wishes not to answer then that is entirely up to them. Everyone can then make up their own minds then, but there's certainly no need to hound someone.

------------------------

We never have and never will allow mob culture to be part of this community, so for anyone who is partaking in these silly gossips (and I mean on other sites about our members here too) please just take a step back and think about what's really going on, and what really matters. I would think most people come here to either seek help, or to help others and promote ethical dog care and practises - not to sit around waiting for someone to make a mistake and then pounce on them like a pack of dogs! So what, somebody might have told a little lie - actually you'll find often people lie when they feel embarrassed about something and try to make things sound so they don't look the fools they might have been.

Read the posts for yourself (and I'm talking in general now, not about this thread). If there are inconsistencies without clarification when asked, and the dog is not at risk - what skin is it off your nose (apart from learning to avoid that poster in future). If you feel the dog is at risk, contact the relevant authorities and let them deal with it - creating a drama on a forum isn't going to achieve anything, and may actually make things worse for the dog/s in question.

There's nothing else we can do, and any personal judgements you do make should bear in mind that you don't know the full facts, that sometimes things can be miss-typed or worded when posting on the web, and that as I mentioned about, sometimes people do tell little while lies - generally to protect themselves.

In a word, be reasonable.

----------------------------

I also want to post here about some bullying that is taking place off-site against one of our other members (but involves some of the same people who have been at the root of this 'hounding'). I am disgusted by the language and vitriol I have seen in posts/messages that have been forwarded to me. Not least in PM's made on this site (and I'll be contact them in a moment with an official warning).

I don't care what's gone on, but you just don't treat or bully people like that - you may think you are talking amongst your pals but you should be wise enough to know that you should never say anything that you know will very likely be repeated outside of the 'clique' (and often to the person you don't want it to get to!). My oh my what's going on with some of you!! I thought you were better than that.

We certainly won't allow nastiness or bullying on this site. So take this as a big warning and if you have been taking part in this, perhaps indirectly, say it's wrong and walk-away. Don't ever be afraid to stand up for what's right, because one day the tables may be turned and the nasty tongues may be targeting you. And I'm sure you'd appreciate someone putting a stop to it then.
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14