View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Lots of Healing Thoughts for you and Reah, hope the vet can make her better {{{Hugs}}}

Thinking of you all x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Sending all healing vibes for the poor girly.......

Hope "it" shifts on it's own....... or at least they get it out quickly

x0x0x0x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh no I had just come on for a look and hoping to see good news.
Lots more positive vibesand prayers going out to Reah, I really hope she is ok.
Lots of hugs to Steph too as I know she will be out of her mind with worry.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Just caught this thread. I have been through this myself so I know how it feels . Healing and best wishes from us.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Just spoke to Steph, and it seems that whatever is blocking, is not budging, they have given her an enema, so the next step is putting her out to have a look.
Can we all just take a min and send some prayers and healing vibes to Reah. I'm so upset, so I just don't know what Steph is feeling like

Elaine xx

I have only just caught up with this thread - I am so sorry to hear how poorly Reah has been .

I too have never heard of this before. Poor girl, I do hope they find out what the obstruction is soon, she must be so uncomfortable

Hugs to you Steph, I hope Reah is back home with you soon and feeling much better. xxx

Thanks for the update Elaine xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I have only just caught up with this thread - I am so sorry to hear how poorly Reah has been .

I too have never heard of this before. Poor girl, I do hope they find out what the obstruction is soon, she must be so uncomfortable

Hugs to you Steph, I hope Reah is back home with you soon and feeling much better. xxx

Thanks for the update Elaine xx
As I understand it, its mainly to do with the massive surgery Reah had when Steph first took her on - she was badly bashed about following a road accident and had metal plates etc. all over the place. This seems to have affected the arrangement of her internal organs so Reah is different to other dogs.

Still no news? How long should an enima take to work? I so hope that she can pass this naturally....getting really worried now.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 04:30 PM
UPDATE

Reah has been on the operating table, they managed with alot of perseverance to find a piece of bone (the kind that is hollowed) which she has obviously got from somewhere, she has snapped it in two then obviously just swallowed,anyway it plugged the colon (and her's being narrowed due to all the RTA operation work) all the rest of the stuff has sat on top with nowhere to go.

There is more coming down channel but they are hoping that with all the enema it may come away.

she wasn't round properly when I spoke to then so I am going to fetch her later, she will be brought home with Poo softener and a strict intake of food & bran, hopefully the soft stool will bring down the rest of the bones.

However if in the next three days she shows any signs, she is to be taken straight in for them to try and dislodge.

they are trying NOT to go in surgically as she has already had that done and this can present real problems with the colon.
Also I have been advised once back to normal to take her to Willows referal as they think one of the plates has moved and she has a gap where the leg/hip joint was joined to the plate.

Now hopefully this is not the case, as this vet has said herself....she maybe wrong as she has never seen what Willows did.

So fingers crossed that has always been like that....but thats to be seen to once I get her blockage free.

Thats for the vibes, looks like Reah just may of used another of her lives......... Thanks guys your brill xxxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 04:37 PM
oh Steph, that sounds like good news. Fingers firmly crossed now that the rest of the bone works its way through.

She really has more lives than a cat hasn't she.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh Steph, that sounds like good news. Fingers firmly crossed now that the rest of the bone works its way through.

How many op's has that dog had,errrrrrrrrr 8 in total, obviously not ready to call it a day yet then!!!!!!!!! sure to god she has an angel on her side.

years ago a Nun, placed her hand on Reahs head and blessed her.................must of been one of the best xxxxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

and I have no finger nails left Fiona. I have sat by the bladdy phone all day!!! That dog will kill me

xx
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »