View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
No probs Helena ! Fingers crossed for you all.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Aw Helena, I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you'v been having with zena and georgie, I've not got any advice to give you but just wanted to send you hugs and support. It's so worrying when they are unwell. I hope that everything is back to normal for you and your doglets soon.
debzbl4
New Member!
Female 

10-07-2009, 11:28 AM
hi there no i have used chicken and rice many times for the runs and it should help clear up the runs my elder dog de bordeaux get yellow poo from dairy products x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
Aw Helena, I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you'v been having with zena and georgie, I've not got any advice to give you but just wanted to send you hugs and support. It's so worrying when they are unwell. I hope that everything is back to normal for you and your doglets soon.
Thanks skilaki. The ab's finish tonight so I'm keeping everything crossed that they at least stay as good as they are today, that's all I can hope for really.Thanks for my hugs!

Originally Posted by debzbl4 View Post
hi there no i have used chicken and rice many times for the runs and it should help clear up the runs my elder dog de bordeaux get yellow poo from dairy products x
Thanks for that, I've made a note. No wonder my vet said not to give any diary products, that's why I switched over to goat's yoghurt (bio). They never have diary anyways quite honestly, but I'm eliminating chicken (apart from what's in the kibble) just to check it out, coz it has got me thinking and they seem to prefer the fish anyways, probably coz it's a nice change!

Wanted to see Zena's very first poo and she waited for me to come down at 5.45 before she went out, but by the time I got the poo bag ready in the bootroom to follow her out there yeah, you guessed it!!!! She only left me a porridgy bit on the stones That is NOT what I wanted her to do when this is the most important time for cleanliness, I'm bleaching instantly and hosing as soon as they've been, and then she goes and does that! Mind you, I'm thinking with that wormer, whatever comes out today is dead anyways so suppose it doesn't matter. THEN, out on our morning walk, she honed in on a dry old ball of horse poo and it was gone before I could get to her or call her, I thought it was fox poo to start with until I saw the rest of it that she then left! Dave said it must have been a solid poo because she wouldn't have eaten a runny one, so I'll buy that. The 2nd one wasn't too good, but at least it was a pile of ginger instead of a yellow pancake!

I've started the Lacto-B this morning and I will keep that going forever more now to be safe.

A woman with a flatcoat I know told me this morning, where she does her training on an estate about 8 miles away, they have giardia and they told her, and she said she already knew from her vet and does the Panacur 3 day treatment once a month anyway so it wouldn't affect her. I'm going to do that now, but probably not quite as often as that! Perhaps it's something about living out in the sticks maybe that we get this kind of thing, I honestly don't know. I've totally changed my two daily walking areas and have to say they're a lot, lot nicer anyway! One is a bird sanctuary which the wildlife trust has taken over, and the long grass is full of different coloured wild flowers and they've even mowed us lovely, big wide footpaths to walk all over the place, plus there's a big wood we can walk through from top to bottom, it's just gorgeous and I haven't been there for years, but oh how it's changed, and for the better! I'm doing an elimination process at the moment, so hopefully things will stay ok, and if not, more tests will be done that's for sure.
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 12 13 14 15