Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 05:19 PM

Just seen this on the news

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-of-dogs.html

What do you think, this does not really give the breeder the chance to tell her full story.
Elaine xx

Just found this one it goes into more detail

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...l/article.html
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Well I don't believe that they would issue such a thing if they hadn't found that the case was warranted. I would have thought that they must have been barking for a considerable amount of time and well in excess of the usual 20 min period they give before considering it a nusiance. Would also ask why they have to stay outside if she only has the 5?
Becky
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Bizarre!
Why didnt she do something about it when they gave her a warning rather than wait and lose her dogs?!

i think that there should be consequences for dogs that continualy bark...but it has to be consistent all over the country.
We have a dog near us who barks all the tiime but our council arent bothered at all!!!!
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2009, 07:04 PM
We have dog across from us that barks constantly and has an asbo but the owners dont seem to care or hear him for some strange reason, as we can hear him in our house even with the doors and windows closed...It is a nuciance to live next to barking dogs
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Why on earth didn't she keep just a few of the m in the house, thus reducing the numbre fo dogs outside? Then maybe there wouldn't have been any near as much barking.

Although I do get the impression (I couldbe wrong here) that certain people, once they start complaining just don't seem to be able to stop. Mayb eit's a case of the older people who've moved in deciding they don't liek the lady who owns the dogs or don#'t likedogs in general.

At the same time, the owner stated "they rearely bark at all". Now that I can't believe - all dogs bark and if htere's more than 1 r 2, they can easily set each other off.

Having said tha, is it really as bad as is claimed? If I were in that position my dogs would go to family members so I wouldn't really be getting rid of them at all - although I would be able to show they'd been rehomed.

I do think though that she was very silly to let things get this far. Surely a cmpromise could have been reached. I feel sorry for the dogs at the wend ofthe day.

Laura xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 07:14 PM
She has a choice, doesn't she! She doesn't have to keep the dogs in the garden. They can live in the house where I assume the neighbours wouldn't hear them bark.

I also cannot imagine the Council would bother to issue court proceedings, if there wasn't just cause. I mean, after all, they don't do half the stuff they really should, so I'm sure the barking must have been significant........

IMO if the woman really loved the dogs so much, they'd be house dogs, not kennel dogs.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2009, 07:25 PM
As above, why can't she keep them indoors if there's only 5 now? It's a shame it doesn't go into more detail really. Surely she could train them out of barking so much?

I suppose if more than one person keeps complaining the council eventually has to do something.

Having said that, years ago when we had our last scottie our neighbbours (who for the first few years of us being there were really good friends), suddenly decided they didn't like our dog who very occaisionally would bark when me and my sister were outside playing but not for long. The neightbour used to send her husband round to complain (even though I don't think he really wanted to) and even threatened to have our dog put to sleep........he honestly hardly ever barked and luckily nothing came of it.
The point I'm trying to make is that when people get a bee in their bonnet there's no stopping them sometimes.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well I don't believe that they would issue such a thing if they hadn't found that the case was warranted. I would have thought that they must have been barking for a considerable amount of time and well in excess of the usual 20 min period they give before considering it a nusiance. Would also ask why they have to stay outside if she only has the 5?
Becky
exactly what I was thinking, why not bring them all in the house and therefore solve the problem....
dardar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
As above, why can't she keep them indoors if there's only 5 now? It's a shame it doesn't go into more detail really. Surely she could train them out of barking so much?

I suppose if more than one person keeps complaining the council eventually has to do something.

Having said that, years ago when we had our last scottie our neighbbours (who for the first few years of us being there were really good friends), suddenly decided they didn't like our dog who very occaisionally would bark when me and my sister were outside playing but not for long. The neightbour used to send her husband round to complain (even though I don't think he really wanted to) and even threatened to have our dog put to sleep........he honestly hardly ever barked and luckily nothing came of it.
The point I'm trying to make is that when people get a bee in their bonnet there's no stopping them sometimes.
5 big dogs in a house? im a dog lover but i would'nt keep 5 dogs of any size in my house for a number of different reasons, which i should'nt have to explain to anybody. give the women a break, as somebody said earlier once someone gets a bee in there bonnet thats it.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by dardar View Post
give the women a break, as somebody said earlier once someone gets a bee in there bonnet thats it.
I think you'll find that was me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >