Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
i agree with you Azz i would not put it out on the main forum yet, it will just fill up with ppl that 1, dont breed 2, the breed haters
Yes and its those in particular who we dont want to gain access!

If anyone of you know other 'actual' breeders on the forum feel free to ask them if they want to join...
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 07:26 AM
It is nice to be able to talk openly about what's going on with a planned litter etc. me and Inca got banned from CD just for mentioning what breed of dogs we had when we had pups due, actually that's how we first came to know each other.........so not all bad really

But yes, it's nice to know you're not going to get jumped on or slandered for breeding, plus you can share experiences and tips, which is great!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 07:55 AM
agree........... it's nice to know we can chat .it's the first section i look at now just to see how everyone is doing ??

i almost stopped posting on here a while ago i felt that everything i did was questioned and i do the best for my girls and feel i shouldn't have to answer the anti breeders my every move..i prefer to discuss my private stuff on this section with friends ....we may all be able to help each other out as well........... as far as i know no one apart from the people on the section know i have mated Pippa....i may or may not announce a litter if born on the main forum...

seems yonks ago now but CC is right..... we kinda got attacked for having litters ???? and was warned not to post about it again !!!!!!! I MEAN I THOUGHT WE COULD TALK ABOUT OUR DOGS..... so me and CC took it to phone calls to be able to chat ....
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 07:58 AM
I agree it is good to be able to talk to other Breeders - more ralaxed this way.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 08:13 AM
I thought you were very brave posting the scan on the main forum.i must admit it was the first time i think no one came back with any coments ..perhaps the breeder bashers were having the day off LOL
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Oopps Did I do that, sorry.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
...perhaps the breeder bashers were having the day off LOL
Or they now know I would put up with any of their nonsence!
shalocaboxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Azz,
The fee based system seems like a good one.
Another Forum I am on (non-dogs) decided to take that route simply to get rid of the idiots who were coming there just to post to wind the genuine people up.
I must say that it seems to have sorted things out....its only a fiver a year for access, but it seems to be enough to keep the eejits out.

Lorraine
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-04-2005, 01:17 PM
That can work well for some communities!

With Dogweb I think we'll keep the site 'free' but any commercial 'bodies' will need to be listed in our directory to be allowed to advertise themselves. Our directory fee will probably be around the same as what the other dog sites charge- but we hope to provide a better platform and service: ie will have nicer kennel pages and a fairer system of how directory results are returned etc. Plus off course breeders get their own private section! lol

We might look at 'sponser' members where normal members can choose to 'donate' and perhaps we can give them some extra benefits as a way of saying thanks - for eg allow them say 5mb of space to upload pictures, more PM space etc!

At the end of the day DW will need to find an income as especially as it grows so do it's running costs and it will come to a point where I simply cannot fund it myself (some of the biggest sites require around 40 (!) dedicated servers!!! (and they cost a couple of thousand pounds a year.. EACH! )
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I agree with everybody its nice to have our bit of "space" , where we can chat in private
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2