View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 09:32 AM
same here Roxy ....... the KC have a lot to answer for in my eyes ...what about the poor bitch who is constantly in whelp what sort of life has she got .......sorry but as a small breeder this type of thing really annoys me ..it makes the good occasional breeder look bad...
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 09:33 AM
We have discussed the breeding law before...these are the only restrictions:
http://dogweb.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=5920
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Inca, the KC can't do anything, they are a private club and can't penalise people how ever much they would like to, the breed clubs have more clout they could withdraw membership but unless people refuse to buy from people who do not belong to breed clubs and take the trouble to do some research into the breeder they have in mind nothing will happen. The law does not help and the KC can't, so folks it is time we stopped waiting for others to sort things for us, it's up to us to do something I'm afraid that moaning about an organisation that can't do anything is not going to help at all.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by abbymum
. This makes me really angry as she knows that Abby has all these problems and knows that one of the dogs she is using has it as well but doesnt care some poor unsuspecting fool like me will have a puppy that will have all sorts of problems.This poor bitch has had 30 puppies in 1 1/2 years surely the kennel club shouldnt register 3 litters in less than two years.Mary
Mary have you thought of contacting the breed club to see if this person is a member? Most breed clubs would frown on this practice and could even withdraw her from the recommended breeders list for people looking for puppies. Addresss

http://www.dogclub.co.uk/dogs/profile-dobe.php
http://www.glenway.co.uk/dogfun/home.htm
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 12:01 PM
i know just know it just made me feel better having a moan .............
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Well the KC get up my nose too but in this case it is not their fault and they can't help.

Let all of us who care make sure we tell people to buy through the breed clubs who will tell you what tests should have been done and provide you with details of dogs from the past also give you a list of breeders who have or are planning litters. Tell people to visit at least 3 breeders from that list so they get a feel of what is good practice, and go back to the breed club if you see something you are not happy about. Ask to see all the dogs that the breeder has, if there is a litter make sure you see the dam and at least the pups that are still available. Don't get carried away with the one pup, make sure all the pups you see are bright as a button and interested in their surrounding, clean and smelling of puppies and probably wet paper. Worry a little bit if they smell of shampoo although they may just have made a real mess themselves.

Won't go on with this list as most will have stopped reading by now anyway but the important thing is to keep plugging away; puppy breeding should be to improve the breed and not fulfil the demand, if people understand that they will put more effort into finding the best pup and be prepared to wait for it. Whilst people buy poorly bred pups from poorly bred parents then problems will just go on getting worse.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 01:08 PM
good info .........
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Maybe a visit from the tax man would make her stop 30 puppies at £600 ago thats thats £18000.
I feel good breeders probably spend alot more than they make from breeding.
Mary
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2