Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 08:17 PM

talking birds

ok as some of you know i have a african grey whos just over 1 yr old now...................
well she has finally started to talk don't know who she takes after honest.
over the last few days she was said
" hello, so what, no, alright"
hello i can understand as i'm usually say hello in the am etc
no again i tell her off with a no if she is naughty............aint got a clue where the others have come from.
now she has learnt the sound of her own voice and practicing the new words she wont shut up....arggggggggg
why is it you hope they talk then when they finally do want them to be quite!!!!
i'm chuffed she is starting to talk but not keen on hellos at 10 at night...........just waiting for let me out!!!!
why is it when she says hello i automatically answer.....got to learn to bite my tongue!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Met a guy on holiday once. He had an African Grey that would only talk after 5pm... I thought he was having me on but sure enough it never said a word before 5pm, apparently because thats when he came in from work and it had got used to talking to him. Also it had a cockney accent.. was brill. It used to tell his dog to go and lay down
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-12-2006, 08:25 PM
We used to have a little rescue Timneh African Grey who was an amazing talker and mimic. He could imitate everyone in the house perfectly and used to drive the dogs and cats mad by woofing and meowing at them

I was staying at Mum's house one night long after I'd moved out of home. Mum & Dad were on holiday so it was just OH, me and the bird in the house. I got up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water. I crept into the kitchen (where the bird lived) and reached for a glass and just as I did so, I heard my Mum's voice say 'what are you doing, eh?'...I was so shocked that i dropped the glass!! It was the flippin' bird doing one of his many imitations of my mother

He also used to copy noises. Like the squeaky fridge door, for example....long after the old fridge was replaced, he still 'squeaked' everytime someone went to the fridge
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 08:26 PM
well yeah i hope she tells them to shut up.........lol
they have a habbit of ques when her nuts come out as they do enjoy the odd walnut..........can you imagine sky telling tob to get off her nuts................lol
thats how she started copied the beeps on the micro she has found the different levels and types of noses she can make and enjoys practicing.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
well yeah i hope she tells them to shut up.........lol
they have a habbit of ques when her nuts come out as they do enjoy the odd walnut..........can you imagine sky telling tob to get off her nuts................lol
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 08:34 PM
he wont take any notice if theres nuts going free.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Sky is talking at last

Leo she will learn more and more as each day go,s on
i know cos i have 23 of the damn things

And Ian we have a cockney cockatoo who loves to swear at everyone who comes in the house
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Might have to get myself one of them.. teach it to talk Scots
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-12-2006, 11:11 PM
My friend has an African Grey and I am going to disappoint you but it never shuts up, it has got more rabbit than sainburys, his bird did not start talking until it was nearly 2 it is now 7. It copies everything from words to doorbell and now moblie phone ring tones. If anyone goes round his house for a chat he has to put the bird cage in an outside building.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Sounds like my ex Gaz..... I put her outside the building too... then never took her back in
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >