Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 05:04 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread;Sunday

6 am and all is well on a quiet, wet summer Sunday.. Woke earlier and after calling home( Canada) did my outdoor and indoor work. Outdoor cut short as the midges are starving hungry poor things My work top looks grand. A huge sweet potato, a handful of pea pods and a large flowerpot of broad bean pods...Heavy hard rain all the night long and crowbanger is hard at it again But there we are! Blessedly empty day ahead here. Hope you all have the Sunday you desire!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Morning Rose and all who follow haven't finished the rest of last nights thread yet saw about Eileen and her burn.
Do you remember my burn Eileen that hurt like hell but the next day the pain had gone I thought all was fine anyway with much nagging from Michael and Gorden after going to Boots and seeing a pharmacist I went to A&E it is not a good sign that it stops hurting so quick means it is a deep burn. We do not grade in the UK we call it partial thickness which is equivalent to grade two or three burns grading in the US.
Yes you will need to keep it covered as you do not want an infection. At the least I would say get a pharmacist to take a look at it that's what I did and they told me to ring the NHS number and they told me to get along to A&E quickly after asking many questions about the burn size etc.,
I got a good ticking off at A&E too for leaving it a day.
They will debride it and watch for infection I got an infection and was very nearly sent to a burns unit. So please get it looked at and do take care.

Off to Essex for a bit today to see Mark, Tracey and the children. Michael may turn up he has just purchased a car him and Maca have parking space where they live and apart from holidaying abroad a lot they also tour the UK and hire cars which is expensive.
I carried out mum and dads wish and gave the boys some of the inheritance and Michael has brought a 2nd hand Mercedes nice looking car too. He wants to show it off.

June hope the aches and pains are feeling easier today and hope all poorly 2 and 4 legged friends are feeling better.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Wise words re the burn Lynn so Eileen please take heed.... Glad I did the picking early as solid Irish rain since I came in. I try to do all my sewing up on Sunday so am deep in fingerless gloves and baby booties, Cats are on the bed fast asleep and may join them for a while
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2015, 07:27 AM
Enjoy the home grown produce and the nap later with the cats.

I learnt the hard way and my right hand and I am right handed was out of action and bandaged up for three months while it was undergoing treatment and healing. Wouldn't want anyone to go through that.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Good morning all,

Lynn, I remember well your hand and so Eileen listen carefully and do take care of yours.

Lynn enjoy your trip to Essex today, sorry we cannot offer you better weather, not very bright out there at all.

Have a good day all, June do hope you are ok love. take care.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 08:17 AM
Good morning

Just typed and hit submit and the internet went

Have a good rip to Essex today Lynn with your family.

Enjoy your home grown veg and have a nice restful day Rosebud

Good morning Moyra

Eileen heed Lyn's advice we don't won't you out of bounce. Pleased you had a good time on Friday.

Gordon never mind what you think you look like `I am sure you are really a cuddly bear. Enjoy your day out with the Mem

Hope you are feeling better today Griff and that June is not so sore.

Teazle walked and now having a coffee. Dull and overcast whilst out but it has now started to rain and if the forecast is right it is in for the day.

Have a good day and stay safe
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all,

Lynn, I remember well your hand and so Eileen listen carefully and do take care of yours.

Lynn enjoy your trip to Essex today, sorry we cannot offer you better weather, not very bright out there at all.

Have a good day all, June do hope you are ok love. take care.
Good morning Moyra! Have a happy day!
suec
New Member!
Female 

26-07-2015, 08:19 AM
good morning all, have a good day benjie walked and sat having a cuppa before i start cleaning
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Morning all
it's raining, hope everyone has a terrific day whatever they are upto
i still feel very very rough but hopefully this will be the last day...no more spicy pasta bake for me......ever!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Not finished reading last night's thread,saw the burn post from Eileen Well do I remember what you did Lynn, and Eileen please take note what we're all saying to you.
Rain not here as yet, but I understand it is in Blackpool and moving towards me. Was lovely earlier on as well, but wind has got up and sun gone in, lots of dark cloud. Been back out and closed their doors as don't want it raining in on the shavings that I've put in there for them. At the moment everyone lying outside, but can't see the rain holding off for long now.
Lynn your boys are very lucky with their inheritance, that is lovely, I'm a real Merc lover.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »